Picking a doctor

rainbowmuffin
on 11/4/09 10:28 am - Canada
So I'm thinking I'm going to be getting surgery in Mexico. I can't afford the 24,000 the doctor in Washington quoted me, and going through the Canadian medical system is one long headache and they'll probably just tell me to pay for it myself anyways, cause I don't have any underlying medical conditions. I've been looking at doctors, which is an overwhelming task. It's hard to know whether the doctors or hospitals are actually good.

I've looked at five, and Dr. Joya seems to be my favorite so far, but I've been reading about how a bunch of people love Dr. Rumbaut, and he sounds good, but he seems to be heavily into lap band, and I'm getting rny. I know he's done rny surgeries, but it makes me nervous when they focus so heavily on the lap.

I'm just confused at this point, and really need advice on what doctor to choose. If there's another doctor that you think would be good for me, I'll check them out, too.
lopez.jenni150
on 11/4/09 6:16 pm - Utah, CA
Hi,
I am from San Diego and I m  looking for a lap band surgery in Mexico. But I am confused which place to select?Should it be Monterrey or should it be Tijuana?Please help me.
Thanks.
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/09 8:47 pm, edited 11/4/09 8:49 pm
Monterrey is a much cleaner, safer and modern city than other places in Mexico and known for quality medical care. Whether you are coming from U.S or living right there in Mexico, you will find Monterrey to be most affordable in terms of weight loss surgery. Bariatric surgery in Monterrey,Mexico is a hot favorite for people of USA-especially from the states of  Texas, CA and Arizona.

And about picking a right surgeon, you can consider Dr. Zapata In CIMA Monterrey Hospital, Monterrey.
(deactivated member)
on 11/5/09 6:37 am - TN
Which surgery are you having?  That should be something you consider while researching surgeons.  I chose Dr. Aceves for my VSG.  I had it narrowed down to Aceves or Alvarez.  There are some great surgeons to choose from.  Just research them all & make the choice that best fits your needs & comfort level.

Good luck to you!
mybadof4
on 11/5/09 11:29 am - De Pere, WI
RNY on 11/09/09 with
I am having surgery with DR Joya on Nov. 9th.   I  will post more when I get back on the 13th.
 Mary       
HW 238 SW 215 GW 135 2nd GW 125 CW 120 
lopez.jenni150
on 11/5/09 8:33 pm - Utah, CA
Hi,
Thankyou for your suggetion.Not only you i have even heard from other peole that Montrrey is a much much better option in every context.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views