After care?

petite_jolie
on 10/26/09 12:12 am - Canada
I am from Canada and because of the extreme wait times I am thinking of gettng my RNY done in Mexico. What is the after care like? I am wondering if there is any. I have heard that doctors here won't touch me because I had it done out of country. Please let me know about your after care from Mexico. Thanks!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/09 9:21 am - AZ
On October 26, 2009 at 7:12 AM Pacific Time, petite_jolie wrote:
I am from Canada and because of the extreme wait times I am thinking of gettng my RNY done in Mexico. What is the after care like? I am wondering if there is any. I have heard that doctors here won't touch me because I had it done out of country. Please let me know about your after care from Mexico. Thanks!!

I honestly don't know about Canada but in the US it can potentially be a problem.  In my state we are very lucky in that we don't have a problem finding aftercare.  Some states it's all but impossible.

Just make sure that you have aftercare lined up BEFORE you have surgery.  Your PCP can handle the labs but should you have a complication it could be a problem.

Since you are traveling for surgery what about a sleeve?  It's cheaper, there is no maintenance and no aftercare.  Just another option.

petite_jolie
on 10/26/09 1:56 pm - Canada
I have actually looked at the sleeve as an option. I didn't like the fact that its easier to regain weight on it. That was scary to me.

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/09 2:00 pm - AZ
On October 26, 2009 at 8:56 PM Pacific Time, petite_jolie wrote:
I have actually looked at the sleeve as an option. I didn't like the fact that its easier to regain weight on it. That was scary to me.

May I PM you?  Better yet, may I call you?  I have much information for you.

Either way, I think you need to understand how these surgery types works.  Details and all.

Bypass folks do not malabsorb forever.  There is much info you need to know before YOU know what surgery type is right for YOU.

petite_jolie
on 10/31/09 3:43 pm - Canada
I am really interested in talking to you. So many people now are going for the sleeve. Whats the difference between that and a lapband? 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views