Surgery Date with Dr. Joya...any tips, advice about the experience?

retrophrenologist
on 10/23/09 3:08 am
Did a lot of research over the past couple of years on Docs both here in the US and in Mexico, and have chosen Dr. Joya to do my surgery.  I am going to have  VSG done in April...I know it's a long time off yet, but I like to be as prepared and ready for any hiccups or possible problems as I can be...

Can anyone out there who has gone to Dr. Joya to have WLS, and /or had the VSG, tell me about your experiences?  Doctor, Hospital, staff, hotel, what to bring, any problems, food/clears, etc...

Anything you have to tell me would be appreciated.

mybadof4
on 10/24/09 10:40 am - De Pere, WI
RNY on 11/09/09 with
I start my two week preop diet on Monday and have surgery on November 9th with Dr Joya.  I will post how it goes.  So far Gerald has been great.
 Mary       
HW 238 SW 215 GW 135 2nd GW 125 CW 120 
nmmama
on 1/10/10 4:15 am
Hi,

I had the Lap Band with Dr. Joya on October 2, 2009. He was very professional and friendly.  His staff made me feel very comfortable and I had no problems with him or the hospital.  The one piece of advice I got was to bring a heating pad because your back will hurt after surgery.  I did bring mine and it was a life saver.  It was the only pain I had and went away within 24 hours.

The nurses don't speak much English but we found a way to communicate just fine.  The hospital is small but very clean. 

You will be fine and I have no regrets.  
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views