After care

dallas_tx
on 10/19/09 2:09 pm
Have you had any trouble geting fills or after care in the US after having Lapband in Mexico?
Idaho Bandito
on 10/21/09 1:06 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Aftercare providers for patients banded in Mexico are increasing, but in many cases so are the costs of the fills.  That said, be sure to have your aftercare provider in place BEFORE you schedule your surgery, pay a deposit and especially before you go for your surgery.  Do not rely on a list that might be provided for you as it is often the case that providers on the list may not be accepting new patients or may no longer  provide aftercare for Mexican banded patients.  Always call the providers ahead of time to confirm these things as well as the price.  Another important consideration is to find a provider that uses fluroscopy to access your port, take a look at your band  and determine the proper amount of fill needed.  Without fluroscopy, there is always a chance of the needle putting a hole in your port tubing requiring another surgical procedure to replace the entire port and tubing.  This can be very costly.  Trust me, I've been there! I will never even consider another fill without fluroscopy!

Looks like you are in Texas, right?  The good news is there are a good number of providers in Texas that will fill Mexican banded patients.  Just be sure to inquire about EXPERIENCE, COST and FLURO!

Best of luck,

B

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views