Medicaltourism WLS Article On CNN

Batwingsman
on 10/15/09 11:36 pm, edited 10/15/09 11:37 pm - Garland, TX

FYI ..  There was a short article early this a.m. on CNN News re:  traveling abroad for bariatric surgery.  The patient in the article was a lady who traveled to Tiajuana for lap-band surgery after her ins. co. here made it a real PITA to get it covered.   Her cost in Mexico was only 1/3 that of U.S. fees and she did very well.    I didn't recognize the surgeon's name. 

Interesting that Dr. Sanja Gupta warned people that if complications develop during or after a procedure done in a foreign country it can mean real trouble.  However, another U.S. doctor interviewed in the story went on to point out that just b/c surgery is "foreign" doesn't mean it is necessarily not safe or inferior in quality to that performed in the U.S. (yeahhh!). 

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

E_Saenz
on 11/17/09 10:04 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

My boyfriend saw that he hasn't been real supportive of my surgery but he saw that and said I should go and when he found it was the same surgery I have been researching he changed his mind I don't know what he wants but I sure know what I want. I put a down payement on my surgery and I will be making installments as I can till I have enough for my surgery.

Elia Maria Saenz

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views