VSG - Dr. Rodriguez 10/27?

fundy
on 10/12/09 2:13 pm
Hi Everyone....Hoo Ray, I finally scheduled for Dr. Rod in Juarez for Tuesday 10/27 for the "Sleeve", and the start of the new chapter of my life . Is anyone else going around that time?  I am excited and also a small scared too.  Hard to believe!  Everyone write and give me some tips on how I will be feeling etc and what to take.  This website has been a blessing - so much information that you could never get elsewhere.  Blessing to all of you!  Patt
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/09 1:10 am

CONGRATULATIONS...I KNOW JUST HOW YOU FEEL...!!!!

YOU GO, GIRL....!!!

CHEERING YOU ONWARD...!!!

cyndy

isabel41206
on 10/19/09 1:19 am - MURFREESBORO, TN
congrats... dr rod did my rny last year. you will love him and his staff ! my niece just had the sleeve  last month and I went with her and stayed in the hospital with her ...  make sure your companion brings a few books to read or they will get bored. lap tops are fine too . not the best selectin on tv.   bring small er bills. hard to break big ones.  embassy can do it for you and it is close to the hospital..pesos were easier to use. I can still remembe that a bottle of water is 8 pesos in the hospital.   lol   now for you... bring chapstick. and a pillow . I was fine with the hospital pillows but my niece had to have her pillow from home.  bring a robe and slippers for walking the halls. don't want to moon anyone !  don't bring alot of clothes. just one outfit for the trip home. you will live in hospital gown. I didn't want to get anything on my gown so i lived in the hospital gown. my niece wanted an old gown  of her own that was comfy ( that we threw away in the room before we left  thanks to a drain that  leaked and got on everything  yuck !)  if you are a cold natured person maybe bring sweats or pajamas too.   for your trip home order a wheelchair from your airline before you go. use it at the airport.. you will be so glad you did. sip sip sip water with crystal light ( or plain) all day. bullion cubes mixed with warm tap water work well too.   enjoy your new life.   
fundy
on 10/19/09 2:01 pm
Isabel....Thank you so much for your helpful words on Dr. Rod.  and Juarez.  I am excited and scared at the same time, but mostly looking forward to my new life changes. I have started on the low-carb liquid diet today getting ready for next Tuesday.  Thanks for the tips for me and hubby.  I will call the hospital to see if they take Debit cards?  Then we would not have to do the peso thing.  I got a child's sippy cup to take with me to start practicing.  Thank you again.  Patt
fundy
on 10/19/09 3:59 pm

Hi again Isabel....What day of the month did your niece have her surgery done and how much weight has she lost already. 
How does a person get a wheelchair at the El Paso airport?
We are traveling on US Airlines and they state that their is not "curbside" wheelchair pick-up, so how do you going about getting one at El Paso, or maybe it is so small that we do not need one.Where do you get pesos from.  Can you get them in El Paso?  I didn't want hubby dealing with money exchange, he's not so good with that.  Anyway, thanks again for helping by writing with info.  Thanks, Patt

isabel41206
on 10/21/09 2:14 am - MURFREESBORO, TN
she had surgery aug. 31st. we flew home on the 3rd. of sept. she has lost  42 lbs so far ! around a pound a day !  the el paso airport is small. you can walk up to check in counter and request  a  wheelchair there.  bring dollars and pesos with you to hospital . lots of small bills on the dollars. ( will need for tipping  driver etc.. )  the embassy can exchange money for you  . it is close to the hospital/
fundy
on 10/21/09 12:30 pm
Thank you Isabel so much for all your help.  Getting close now.  Will write to you when I get back.  Hugs, Fundy
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views