Crossing the border into U.S. w/Birth Cert instead of Passport

retrophrenologist
on 10/12/09 1:08 pm
Ah, sweet!  I just found the ignore feature...
retrophrenologist
on 10/12/09 4:03 pm, edited 10/12/09 4:09 pm

~~Nope, never said or even implied that I could.  It was A-N-E-C-D-O-T-A-L~~

Yessssssssss, just as I thought.

Thank you.

~~ Ah, sweet!  I just found the ignore feature... ~~

How very convenient.  The timing was just right and everything!  See how it all works out?  Just in my favor.

You know, after I decided to ignore any further posts from you, I thought that maybe I had been a little premature in my decision. Perhaps (I thought) we were both just trying to help out another member, simply disagreeing on what the correct way to do that was.

So I unblocked you…and saw this last post from you. 

I knew immediately that I was correct in blocking you in the first place, and should have stuck with my original decision.

What a truly EPIC FAIL post that is. I’m going to be sure and quote it in my response so that you can’t run away from it. With those cherry picking quotes, and your follow-up comments to them, you have revealed yourself.

Before responding to you, I went back and read several of your other posts, on a variety of subjects, and they all have a common thread of self-aggrandizement and moral turpitude that leaves me disgusted with having come into contact with you.

For you, this forum isn’t about helping others, being a resource for information, a guide for those embarking on a fairly scary and intimidating path, or any other role even remotely benign or altruistic. 

For you, this forum is about self-worth. You use this forum, and these people, to prop up your own vision of yourself as an important individual, a potent personality.

Your feelings of self-worth are apparently inextricably tied to winning (or thinking you have won) an argument and seeing others treat your opinions as expert in their scope and nature. You are certainly willing to offer your “advice", as long as the person *****ceives it treats it as gospel, never daring to question it – or to think for themselves.

Any questioning of your pronouncements or disagreement with them apparently warrants an immediate attack from you. Caught in mistakes, you refuse to admit them. Caught in blatant attacks, you refuse to acknowledge them.

Instead, you fall back on word-parsing and semantics to defend what is truly indefensible: the fact that you are feeding, parasitically, on the emotions, fears, and uncertainties of others.

That’s not just despicable, that’s sad. 

I almost pity you. What must your world be like, that your self-image is dependent on elevating yourself on the backs of others who are vulnerable? What must you truly think of yourself as a person, when you use the fear and the insecurities of others in order to feel powerful?

What really disturbs me, however, is that people come here looking for help, advice and answers...and instead they find you and your wretched, loathsome behavior.

Regretably, I have allowed myself to be drawn into a discussion with you, one that has led not to the help the original poster requested, but to this noisome back-and-forth personality clash – I am ashamed of myself for my part in this, and ask the forgiveness of the OP for hijacking this thread.

Respond if you wish – I will have no further converse with you. 

But if you ask for “proof" of the observations I have made, you need look no further than your above post.

Others who stumble across this disastrous thread can read this and other posts by you and make up their own minds…

As for me, I am done with it, and with discourse with you. And this time, the block has permanence.

I would suggest you do the same, before we both get banned.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views