Dr. Miguel Zapata

dallas_tx
on 10/5/09 9:37 am
I am checking out D. Miguel Zapata and am looking for referrals.

Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/09 3:39 am - AZ
On October 5, 2009 at 4:37 PM Pacific Time, dallas_tx wrote:
I am checking out D. Miguel Zapata and am looking for referrals.

Thanks

He's great for bands.  What surgery type are you considering?

dallas_tx
on 10/6/09 8:01 am
I am researching lapband.
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/09 8:08 am - AZ
On October 6, 2009 at 3:01 PM Pacific Time, dallas_tx wrote:
I am researching lapband.

Yep, he's great.  I wouldn't use him for a sleeve but I would for a band.

Andi L
on 10/7/09 2:29 pm
Why not exactly? According to his profile on this site he has performed a number of sleeves. If that is incorrect could you please provide a link to other information.
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/09 8:01 am - AZ
On October 7, 2009 at 9:29 PM Pacific Time, andi5285 wrote:
Why not exactly? According to his profile on this site he has performed a number of sleeves. If that is incorrect could you please provide a link to other information.

From behaviors I have seen of you on other boards -- you are on your own for information.

judycay
on 10/10/09 12:00 am
Check with the doctor himself - some people on these boards have vested interest in 'recommending' their doctor or bad mouthing other doctors.   Don't believe everything you read, particularly when you see many posts from one person pushing towards a particular doctor.

Judy C. Dohm
Patient Rep for Dr. Zapata
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/09 7:59 am - AZ
On October 10, 2009 at 7:00 AM Pacific Time, judycay wrote:
Check with the doctor himself - some people on these boards have vested interest in 'recommending' their doctor or bad mouthing other doctors.   Don't believe everything you read, particularly when you see many posts from one person pushing towards a particular doctor.

Judy C. Dohm
Patient Rep for Dr. Zapata

Where did anyone suggest another doctor?  Where did anyone say he isn't great for bands?

Getting a little defensive, Judy?  I suggest Zapata for bands all the time but from your inferences I'm starting to wonder about the professionalism of Zapata's staff.

judycay
on 10/11/09 1:36 pm
Not defensive at all.  I simply don't think it would be proper of me to address skills or statistics of doctors I have never met, never worked with or haven't had first harnd experience with.   That would be unproffessional and unethical.

Obviously, you feel very differently.  

Judy C. Dohm
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/09 1:53 pm - AZ
On October 11, 2009 at 8:36 PM Pacific Time, judycay wrote:
Not defensive at all.  I simply don't think it would be proper of me to address skills or statistics of doctors I have never met, never worked with or haven't had first harnd experience with.   That would be unproffessional and unethical.

Obviously, you feel very differently.  

Judy C. Dohm

I'm not in a mode where I need to be professional.  I am in the patient mode since that is what I am.  I offered my opinion, I would not go to Zapata for a sleeve.  I would gladly go to him for a band.  No doubt about it.  I encourage people to go to all the good surgeons in Mexico and I believe Zapata is one of the best for bands.

This is a board for patients.  We communicate with one another.  We share opinions and ideas.  I am a patient, not a coordinator regardless of what you want to infer.  You also inferred I suggested a different surgeon and I most certainly did NOT.  I encourage the person to go to Zapata since they are wanting a band.  I have a right to state my opinions and that's how SUPPORT BOARDS work.  I am not here to sell any surgeon as you are.  I am here to offer my opinions and that is what I do.

So yes, I feel differently.  If I worked for a doctor life would be different but I do not so things are very different.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views