Dr. Pompa Gonzalez

tonya1968
on 10/5/09 11:22 am - Moultrie, GA
I am consideringLap Band  surgery with her in November and was wondering if anyone could give me a reason not to use her or give me any positive long term feedback.

Thanks so much!!!!!
a_smith
on 10/5/09 2:31 pm
VSG on 09/17/08 with
 Hi there!

Just wanted to reassure you that you're in good hands with Dr. Pompa I had VSG surgery with her last year, I have lost almost 100 pounds. She has changed my life in so many ways. 
At first she will explain in great detail the surgeries and it's risks and benefits long term.
Then decide the best one for you!
She was very attentive to my needs and concerns, very straightforward and professional.
My surgery was a success and I'm glad I had it done. If I had known I wouldn't have waited so long.
Hope this helps you.

Good luck
Anthony 

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/09 3:27 am - AZ
On October 5, 2009 at 6:22 PM Pacific Time, tonya1968 wrote:
I am consideringLap Band  surgery with her in November and was wondering if anyone could give me a reason not to use her or give me any positive long term feedback.

Thanks so much!!!!!

Please think long and hard about a lap band.  I had one and switched to a sleeve.  I could never suggest a lap band for any self pay person regardless of where you had your surgery.  The aftercare, maintenance, and reoperations are quite expensive.  It provides the slowest and lowest weight loss of all surgery types.

Sleeves are fantastic, your fully functioning stomach just smaller.  It removes a hormone called Ghrelin and Ghrelin is what tells your brain you are hungry.  So this surgery type kills your hunger.

There is no maintenance, no aftercare, no mega vitamins as bypass requires, much better weight loss than banding, and easier since there is no stoma.

Here is a study for you to read:

www.medpagetoday.com/MeetingCoverage/ASMBS/14954

Bands are verrry expensive long term.  There is a person posting on the band board right now that has a slip and her insurance does not cover WLS procedures so they won't pay to fix it.  She's a single mother and does not have the money to have surgery to fix the slip.  Slips are up to 10% right now. :o(

The surgery type that is safest long term and has the fewest risks and complications long term is the sleeve.

mayflo
on 10/18/09 4:59 am
 I have scheduled lab band surgery with Dr. Pompa in November.  Have you made any decisions yet and if so what is your date?
Best wishes, Mayflo
msdenice
on 11/15/09 4:50 am - Dalton, GA
I had rny with Dr Pompa in April 08.  She is a wonderful Dr. , and I would recommend her to anyone.  I would do it all over again.  The day of my surgery I weighed 193 pds, and today I weigh 110pds. As a matter of fact I just got back Friday from tijuana again from having a lower body lift.  I have already booked a trip for January to have my inner thigh lift, and arm lift.  Just because its Mx dont let that scare you. Mexico has wonderful Drs.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views