Schedule RNY with Dr. Joya

Christy541
on 9/24/09 6:13 pm
Hello everyone,
 New to this but have been reading many of your post. I am Schedule RNY surgery with Dr. Joya on 11/10/09 and will be returning home on 11/18. I am going alone and of course very nervous about that, but have read many of you have done it and been fine. Anyone else going to be in PV for surgery during this time? Has anyone else gone alone and might have tips for me? Is anyone else starting to get cold feet now that this is a reality?
Thanks - Christy
queenfairy
on 10/2/09 4:33 am - midland, TX
RNY on 02/17/09 with
Christy Congratulations !!!  i had my surgery with Dr Joya in feb and it was the best experience inmy life...and even if you going alone dont worry they will take great care of you and you wont feel alone!! i know you will get more nervous by the day and then the minute...but its all natural just take it easy ...my prayers with you :)

TaNyA BeCeRrA

Christy541
on 10/3/09 3:50 pm
Thanks, was starting to feel alone. Thank you for your prayers and the reassurance can always use them. I'm taking it day to day and trying to keep the nerves under control.
Sharonda
on 10/8/09 4:15 am - Canada
VSG on 11/10/09 with
Hi Christy541,
I will be in PV too.  Dr Joya is doing my sleeve on Nov 10th, so we are having our procudures done on the same day.  I will see about finding you once I am there.  I have had a few plastic procedures done in PV already by another surgeon but you have nothing to worry about you are in great hands.  All my experiences thus far in PV have been so positive.  The facilities are clean and the staff all professional.   I'm more excited than anything but that's because I have done it alone before. 

The only things that I am making sure I take are some liquid protein packs, liquid vitamins and B12 lozenges (just in case).  I hear you can get what you need in PV but it can be more expensive.  The only other tip I have is to get your prescriptions filled prior to your surgery.   That way there is no need to work out getting them once you are recovering. 

Hope to see you in PV,
Sharonda
 5'4"
HW 242
SW 202
GW 115
CW 146

Christy541
on 10/8/09 3:01 pm
Thanks for the tips, definitely will keep an eye out for you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views