Too fat for surgery. Frick!

kimatlast
on 9/14/09 11:16 pm
Thank you all so much for your kindness and support - it means everything, really. I'll do the best I can. Forward - drink!
wannabhealthy45
on 9/15/09 3:22 am - Canada
Kim, when I had my first surgery with Dr. Almanza my BMI was almost 62 and I weighed 420 lbs.  The others are right when they say you can do this and they just want to minimize your surgical risks.  You are gonna do great.  Just wait and see..those pounds will drop off with your liquids and before you know it, you'll be in the right range and having your surgery.  Next thing you know...the next wonderful slimmer healthier chapter in your life will be taking place :).

Best of luck on the liquids...you are gonna do great girl!  You're pics are amazing!!!!  You are very talented!!!

Band 7/13/08-419.5 lbs  VSG 9/3/09-346 lbs  DS 3/7/11 - 315 lbs   CW: 197

N H.
on 9/15/09 5:41 am - FL
Kim,

You are very talented and sound like a good person. Your weight has nothing to do with your being a good person!

How did it happen??  I'm sure the same way it happened for the rest of us!!! DAMN IT ALL!

Dr. Almanza did my VSG three months ago tomorrow.  I feel great, sleep better and have more energy.  I am not the fastest loser in the world but I am so much better off than I was!

You can do this liquid diet.  I promise it will be the hardest part of this whole process and and few months from now you will look back at it and know how worthwhile it was.

Good luck!
                                          Pre Op-Surgery-Current-Goal
                                            232  -    213   -  153 - 150

5'4" tall
Stage 1 Plastics 10/20/10 with Dr. Adrian Menjarrez-Mexicali
Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck    
sandrabc
on 9/15/09 8:30 am - Canada
Hey Kim,

Trust me there are many others out there who feel the same way you do. When I had my surgery through MedPath Group with Dr Daniel Campos while there I got to meet some of his past patients. One man was 6'3" 490 pounds. He first did the VSG and lost 100 pounds in 1 year then he went and did a Gastric Bypass and lost 190 pounds in a year and a half. His story was so amazing it made me cry. He was coming back because the hospital gave him an award for loosing the most weight and was giving him free plastic surgery to remove the excess skin. But other than him when I tried weigh****chers there were people in there that weighed 450 and more so dont be discouraged. We all have been where you are at one time or another.  Good luck to you and just think of how great you will feel 6 months from now.
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/09 2:10 pm
Hi Kim...You do not stand alone...there are many, many people that feel the same as you, whether they are the largest person in the room, are just the loneliest person in the room...it all comes from deep down, in the pits of emptiness, no matter what shape or form or color it comes in...We do not stand alone, we stand together...we just have to reach out to find each other...!! You have found this most amazing way to reach out, through the lens of your camera...What a beautiful gift you have...you truly touch the souls, of all, who view the beauty that unfolds, as they flick to each breath taking sight...To some, this is the only way they will ever see the complete
glory of God's creation...You are not alone, my friend...You have embraced, everyone, that views your talent and in return, we embrace you...!!!
Thank you, for allowing us, into your most amazing world of beauty...!!!

I know you can make it through this pre-op stage...It will not be easy, but you will have many cheering you on and praying for you...!!!
When you need a quick cyber pat on the back or a cyber hug...We are here for you...We're here for each other...!!!

cyndy
kimatlast
on 9/17/09 12:25 pm
Thank you,  thank you everyone for your kind and encouraging and inclusive words of support.  Weight loss is about many kinds of loss, as we all know. It's wonderful to know that my attempt at  losing will gain me a new group of friends.

I  love your little hugging emoticon, Cyndy! I felt hugged by your words. 

Yesterday  I did all right following the diet, but late in the evening I was in a panic. I was hungry,  and frightened about the possibility of change. I felt like I wasn't myself, and it was very scary. I had an overwhelming urge to go out and get some fast food, or Little Debbies, or pizza or all three. "I'm not ready," I thought. "I'll start for real tomorrow, but tonight , I need some food! I'm just not ready." That's what I was thinking,and I really believed it. I was casually  browsing the internet as I thought about where I was going  to go, (Sonic? Taco Bell?Kroger?), when I came across a story about a woman who was arrested for assaulting her two daughters after they poured her vodka down the sink.  I looked at that woman's mug shot, and I saw myself.  Holy crap!  I am this woman! I am addicted and lying to myself about it!  I'm  addicted, and it's making me lie to myself about needing food tonight! I knew that already,  yet I didn't know it. The vision of the woman in a screaming rage, trying to lick the sink, really took me aback. So I didn't go out and get food I shouldn't have. And I thought about it a various times today when I was tempted. I thought, "Do not lick the sink. " And it helped me.   It's a scary journey -Kim
wannabhealthy45
on 9/17/09 2:17 pm - Canada

Kim,  

I have no words to tell you how very proud I am of you for ...."not licking the sink".  Thank you for that.  I do believe the words you wrote will stick with me for a very very long time and when I am feeling out of control and desperate for something...I will say those words to myself.  It is a very powerful statement and I am so thankful you wrote them.  I am so thankful you read them as well.

You are gonna do this girl.  You are going to get through this stage and the stages after that.  We all will with the help of each other.

Thank you again Kim 

Band 7/13/08-419.5 lbs  VSG 9/3/09-346 lbs  DS 3/7/11 - 315 lbs   CW: 197

rere49
on 9/18/09 1:00 pm
VSG on 05/15/08 with
Kim, please watch your email. I am sending you something I hope will help. I am not there yet, but close, and I want to talk to you. so watch, ok?
rere49
on 9/18/09 11:34 pm
VSG on 05/15/08 with
Good Morning Kim,
Hopefully you have my email, they will explain who I am. I was wearing your shoes, I have been and still am mentally where you are right now. This is going to sound corny, but in our head id a fat demon, he lives on your fear. He grooves thaat he can control what you eat. He is very hard to put to rest. I make it the whole day, just fine, but at night, he plays. I am still trying to put him in his place. It is the hardest thing I have done. You are so not alone. There is not one person on this board who is not doing what you are doing. We are all in the same boat paddling in the water. Some of us have lost the weight, and some of us are still inprogress, but we all share the boat. I want to welcome you to our boat!!!You now can paddle with us. There is nothing you can'r sya that we haven't said, done or felt. Welcome my friend, and although I weighed only..hehehe..387 pounds when I started, I am still right there with you. A little story for you. My hubby wanted to go fishing, so we packed up the 4 kids, and off we went. The only GOOD place was down a 6 foot drop. No problem fat people fall down really good. So down we jumped, lucky I didn't do corneal damage when my boobs slapped me in the face.. OK, Fished for hours in the GOOD place, and caught nothing. Time to leave, I boosted the kids up onto the bank, hubby couldn't boost me, so I boosted him, and  there I am stuck!!! After an hour..he hooks the wench from the front of the truck to my pants, and pulls me up the bandk like a dead deer. I was humiliated!!! I can give you tons of this stuff, but I made a decision . I wanted to wipe my butt normally, buy shoes without velcro, or slip on, I wanted to wear something cute, and play with my kids and their kids. I wanted to make love to my husband without cowering because my distorted body grossed me out. I wanted to smell pretty, even though I showered 2-3 times a day. Do I need to go on?  You can do this, the prize at the end is so much more fun. You have my number, and if you don't call me today, I am calling you. Again, Welcome to the Boat!!!
MissF1976
on 9/24/09 2:36 am - Georgetown,, TX
VSG on 02/28/09 with
I just wanted to tell you that your story has brought tears to my eyes.  I had a good chuckle about it too  cause I have had some similiar situations..When I had my VSG back in FEb my BMI was 54..My husband has had to pull me into the boat cuz I could not support my own weight.  So..I know what it means.  I've lost 160 lbs---its all worth it..its so sad how alone we are as obese people..
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views