Dr Almanza on 10/27. Anyone else?

kimatlast
on 9/13/09 4:24 pm
I'm flying out Monday the 26th to do the Tuesday-be-at-the-airport-at-7:00am-for pick-up VSG special. I'm wondering if anyone else here at OH will be there that morning? Oddly enough, the thing I'm most worried about is the flying. I weigh 30 pounds more than I did the last time I flew, and that was pretty dicey. I ask for a seatbelt extension with no problem, but it IS hard to get myself squished between the armrests. And I HATE the looks of horror from the other passengers as we wait at the gait and as I come done the plane aisle. I feel so humiliated. I guess if I can just get through the 2 flights out and the 2 flights back,  I'll never have to face that humiliation again. (Please, God!) Also, I'm going to try to do the pre-op diet for 3 weeks, as opposed to the required 1 week. If I can lose 20-25 pounds, that will help, at least psychologically.
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/09 1:10 am - Canada
I too am dreading my two flights there and back. I hate planes and my fat body... sigh...
But, I keep telling myself it will never be like that again! I'm also not looking forward to the discomfort from surgery while sitting in a plane for four hours.

I'm hoping the 3 week liquid diet I am doing will make travel easier...

Take care.
I'll be there on the 29th of Oct for my VSG!

Mara
wannabhealthy45
on 9/14/09 2:26 am - Canada

CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming surgeries.  I know exactly how you feel about flying and the armrest and the squishing your neighbor thing.  I always ask for a seat belt extension and it must be much more common now because the steward/stewardess never give me that "look" anymore.  I always put the armrest up and that helps with the wedged butt afterwards.  Also what I've been doing when checking my bags is asking for either a seat alone or the middle seat to be empty if at all possible.  I just plain out say, I just don't want to disrupt/squash my neighbor and often, if they can, they put the middle seat on hold beside me.  That way only if the plane is full will they put someone there.  If the plane only has 2 seats on each side, try asking to just sit solo.  They really are good about trying to accommodate you.  AND..at the end of the day, you are soooo right...it is the last time you will have to fly feeling soooo uncomfortable.

Best of luck, prayers are with you...enjoy the next beautiful chapter of your lives :)

Band 7/13/08-419.5 lbs  VSG 9/3/09-346 lbs  DS 3/7/11 - 315 lbs   CW: 197

soon2loseit
on 9/18/09 10:54 am
Just curious, what is the cost for the VSG w/ Dr. Reyes? I have seen a few different numbers on their site and was confused. I think I am going with Dr. Pompa (when I can get the surgery) and have been seeing a lot about Dr. Reyes.

Thanks,
Shannon
Soon2loseit    
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/09 12:15 am
Hi Kimatlast! 
I know in August and September Dr. Almanza was running specials on the prices of all the procedures.  Are they still running those specials through October do you know?  Thank You, any info would be helpful.  I was trying to make it for September but couldn't and if they have extended those prices then I could probably schedule for October.
kimatlast
on 9/23/09 11:34 am
Huh. No one said anything to me about an October special. I certainly don't want to pay 6 thousand if I can pay 5. I mean, I'm 49 years old and putting this surgery on a credit card. It would be nice to have it paid off before I move into an assisted living facility. I have to email them my weight tomorrow. I'll ask.
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/09 10:54 am - Clearfield, UT
Congrats on your date. I am actually scheduled for the 15th but waiting on passport so hopefully that gets here or I may have to push that back. Anyone know how long the passports are taking these days? Let me know if anyone is scheduled to be there on the 15th or the 22nd?
Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 10/3/09 1:08 pm, edited 10/3/09 1:09 pm
Hi!  I'm scheduled for the 20th.  I'm going to drive down to Miami and pick up my passport.  Are you flying out the night before?  If so where are you staying, hotel wise?

Also on the Passport website it says for regular delivery it is taking anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks.  Expedited is taking 2 to 3 weeks.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views