blood transfusion question?

akindofmagick
on 9/10/09 8:33 am, edited 9/10/09 8:34 am - MD
So, was talking to my GYN this morning, telling her about my decision to have VSG (and exasperated that my BP was 110/70 - I've been borderline hypertension for a couple of years, but for the last ~10 months, my BP has been fine. I really need a couple of co-morbidities... but they're just not there... Daddy was diagnosed with diabetes yesterday; Mom had a triple heart bypass 4 months ago - the writing is on the wall - but I digress...).

Anyhow, she was typically concerned about going to Mexico for surgery, but after a bit she admitted she was impressed with my research into Mexican doctors (Dr Aceves) and then she asked: "But what if something goes wrong and you need a transfusion in Mexico?"

Hmmm, thinks moi to self. Good question.

Any thoughts?  Is it possible to bring along a unit of blood with you??

I'm expecting to go alone, but now thinking maybe I should find a friend to come with me... who is type O+!!!  ;)

Sheri (x-posting this to the Mexico board)

I've been fat, and I've been thin - and thin is better.  

There is a better way. --Alaine of Lyndar 
--------------------------
HW: 234. SW: 228 (18 June 2015). GW: 137. Specs: 50ish, 5'4"

ryansgirl
on 9/10/09 9:45 pm
believe it or not they are well equip just like any other place there was a lady who had the doctor of your choice who need two or three so. decide why would you go to a place that isn't well equip for things this surgery is serious and from what i hear your Doctor is great. you have nothing to worry about on that note. good luck!

nikki
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views