medical records from your surgery?

Heather D.
on 9/8/09 8:42 am - Austin, TX
Hi there,

I am planning to go to Mexico to have a VSG done soon (at some point, no date yet). I just wondered if those of you who had your surgery done there were able to bring copies of your medical records home with you... just in case you may need them when you get back home. I don't even know if this is an issue, just something I've been wondering.

I was also wondering about prescriptions. If I am prescribed pain meds or whatever while in Mexico, do I need another prescription from a US doctor to bring them back in from Mexico? (I hope that question makes sense.) 
Thanks!
angelarias
on 9/8/09 6:17 pm
HI THERE:

U CAN REQUEST A COPY OF THE RECORDS BEFORE U LEAVE THE HOSPITAL.

U CAN GET YOUR PRESCRIPTIONS FILLED IN MEXICO--JUST ASK THE PHARMACIST TO PHOTOCOPY THE SCRIPT IN CASE BORDER AGENTS HAVE QUESTIONS!

HAVE A GOOD SURGERY

Cheers,
Angel
Banded July 2004/Drs. Ortiz/Martinez Tijuana,Mexico
260 starting weight/250 surgery  weight/200 plus or minus 5 pounds current weight
50 percent weight loss attained/goal weight 135-140
I have 6cc's in a 9.75cm (4cc) Lap Band. I am hoping to be at goal 135-140 in a year! Thanks for the encouragement all of you have provided me! LONG TERM BANDSTERS WORLD-WIDE, SHARE YOUR BAND SUCCESSES AND YOUR BAND SORROWS!
(deactivated member)
on 9/10/09 8:07 am - AZ
On September 8, 2009 at 3:42 PM Pacific Time, Heather D. wrote:
Hi there,

I am planning to go to Mexico to have a VSG done soon (at some point, no date yet). I just wondered if those of you who had your surgery done there were able to bring copies of your medical records home with you... just in case you may need them when you get back home. I don't even know if this is an issue, just something I've been wondering.

I was also wondering about prescriptions. If I am prescribed pain meds or whatever while in Mexico, do I need another prescription from a US doctor to bring them back in from Mexico? (I hope that question makes sense.) 
Thanks!

My surgeon automatically gives you a copy of all your labs, he gives you your chest xray, the fluoroscopy leak test film, the OR report, and meds to take home with you for pain.

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/09 6:42 am - TN
I went to Aceves as well.  You will not need to ask for any of your records, as MWG stated they are provided for you before you leave.  I took them to my PCP after returning home & she read through them and said everything looked great.  She was happy with how everything was handled & the experience I had.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views