What to do about Complications?

PrettyPixieGirl
on 9/7/09 7:03 pm
 Hi guys

I wondered what do you do if you happen to have a complication of surgery AFTER you leave mexico and are home. I mean sure go to the ER and such but what about having a Dr if you need post op check ups regarding the complication or non-ER related care. And what about insurance covering that hospital stay? I know every insurance is different. Has anyone had complications and would like to share the details of how you found out about the problem and what you did? My surgery is coming up soon and you know how you get those scary nagging thoughts. Any information would be great to help ease my mind.
ryansgirl
on 9/9/09 4:39 am
call your insurance if they cover wls of any then most likly they will cover everything else. mines did.  My doctor use to be a obesity doctor in a clici so i have no trouble getting help from him in anyway. but these are things you have to think about and good job that you are.
L N
on 9/10/09 1:54 am, edited 9/10/09 1:55 am
I called my insurance company before I left for Mexico and they stated that they did not cover WLS, so therefore they would not  covered any complications from the WLS.  

Thank Goodness I have been blessed so far, and have not had any problems.  

If I were you I would contact the insurance company and ask just so you will be prepared if anything was to go wrong when you return to the US.

Keep us informed on how your surgery goes.
jackie_p36
on 9/19/09 11:00 am
My DH has UH and had complications from the band put in in MX.  I'm not sure how it was coded but he had 2 ER visits when we got back and surgery to remove it and it was covered.
  [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wF0T1NC/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wF0T1NC/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?