Newbie in search of some help

dreamin
on 8/25/09 5:18 am - nashville, TN
Hello everyone, I am new so please bear with me.

I wanted some info so I came to the best place on the web.

I had the lapband in January of 2007 with Dr Kelly in Mexico. Things were great but I am not losing any weight. I have had many fills and no results. Plus, I am experiencing pain in my port area. I have tenncare select and they will not touch anything that deals with my band. I asked for gastric bypass but they denied me from the gate because I already had a procedure done. Fast forward, I am still in pain and plus my health is starting to go south too and  I want more than anything to have the DS. Does anyone know of a good doctor in Mexico that can do the Lap DS? Any help would be much appreciated. Also, any help as to where to go for financial advice would also be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone! 
Ashley1214
on 8/28/09 5:27 am - delray beach, FL
RNY on 05/18/09 with
i havent really seen anyone in mexico, more so in Brazil. Have you gone through the list of all the docs in Mexico which is posted on here?!

Katie C.
on 8/29/09 11:04 am - VA
Hi,
Dr. Ungson in Hermosillo Mex. does DS surgery...he also does a lot of revisions.  He is highly regarded, check out his surgeon profile here.  Do a Google search on medical financing/loans...I'm self-pay and just refinanced my house for this surgery which I'm hoping to have before the end of this year...you can get creative in finding money, his rates run between $13K-16K depending on open or lap, revisions could be more...Good Luck to you!
Katie
dreamin
on 8/31/09 3:59 am - nashville, TN
I tried to call the number that is listed and  it was not in service. I also remember seeing people writing good things about him so I emailed him and I havent gotten a reply. This was over a couple of weeks ago. Do you happen to have a number that is working?
By the way, thanks for the help. I am wondering if I can refinance my home as well. I am so ready to have this surgery! 
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/09 3:34 am - AZ
On August 25, 2009 at 12:18 PM Pacific Time, dreamin wrote:
Hello everyone, I am new so please bear with me.

I wanted some info so I came to the best place on the web.

I had the lapband in January of 2007 with Dr Kelly in Mexico. Things were great but I am not losing any weight. I have had many fills and no results. Plus, I am experiencing pain in my port area. I have tenncare select and they will not touch anything that deals with my band. I asked for gastric bypass but they denied me from the gate because I already had a procedure done. Fast forward, I am still in pain and plus my health is starting to go south too and  I want more than anything to have the DS. Does anyone know of a good doctor in Mexico that can do the Lap DS? Any help would be much appreciated. Also, any help as to where to go for financial advice would also be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone! 

I agree with Katie.  Dr. Ungson is the ONLY surgeon in Mexico I would go to for DS.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views