Gastric sleeves in Mexico

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/09 5:29 am - AZ
On August 22, 2009 at 8:32 PM Pacific Time, fightingfat wrote:
On August 22, 2009 at 5:28 PM Pacific Time, liveinphx wrote:
On August 22, 2009 at 3:42 PM Pacific Time, fightingfat wrote:
On August 22, 2009 at 2:37 PM Pacific Time, MidwesternGirl wrote:
On August 20, 2009 at 11:19 PM Pacific Time, fightingfat wrote:
I went to Dr. Almanza for my surgery and have no reservations recommending him.  I had a great experience and the price was very reasonable.  They were very professional, the hospital was small but very clean and nice.  I went through the website www.mexicoweightlosssurgery.com  I have heard that the prices can be different depending on who you go through.  I think this one is the lowest price.

SMoran is a friend of mine.  She doesn't want to go to a non board certified surgeon in a clinic in TJ.

what a shame that you can't read because his credentials are on his website.  i am sure you want your friend to go to your surgeon so you can get your kick back!

MWG historically disses any of the surgeons she does not  "approve" of. She has flat out lied both about me and my surgeon and even when presented with cold hard facts continued to spew her venom and lies.
I have no idea if she actually gets kickbacks though that appears to be the pervailing belief. What I do know is she shows marked bias towards certain surgeons, that she refuses to give cites or sources for her facts, accuses other  people of not being who they say they are and posts outrageous lies. She touts herself to be an "expert" on Mexican surgeons and surgery and has an avid following however, in my experience, she cannot and should not be trusted.
Everyone has her number.  She is no expert she is a troll!  She shows bias towards only 1 surgeon.  the one that she gets her referal fees from!  I received an email saying that she was kicked off of lap band talk and sleeve talk because they finally caught on to her.  i saw her on there recently but what I think they meant is that she was fired as moderator.  she refuses to give sources for her facts because she doesn't have any!  She has NEVER give a single source or link to back up ANYTHING!  she doesn't give any facts, just opinions.

I'm not a troll, I'm not the one with a variety of IDs. ;o)  One ID per board.  Can you say the same?

My doctor doesn't pay fees for referrals, yours does.

You may have received an email saying I was kicked off LBT but LBT doesn't know that.  Just posted there yesterday.  WASaBubbleButt is my ID there.  If I just posted there yesterday, how was I kicked off?  Fab was banned for life just a few days ago, her ID here is Bernadette or something similar.  Another Almanza flunky.

I wasn't fired as a mod, Elisabeth and I both quit the day we found out Alex, the owner of the board, deleted any thread that said anything negative about Betancourt (I have copies of all the threads, btw) and then went into business with Betancourt pushing Almanza.  Now people can't do solid research on Betancourt's history anymore.  It was a matter of ethics, something you would know nothing about.

I give links to back up EVERYTHING and always have.  Such as the above link showing the doctor you push non stop isn't even board certified in surgery.  I'm quite sure that someday he will be able to pass that pesky test.

I do not push one doctor, I push GOOD doctors.  You know, those who are FACS, board certified in surgery, experienced, the better doctors.  I have never started a thread on my doctor, I don't discuss him unless I am asked.  I have always pushed the good doctors.  Zapata, Aceves, Rumbaut.

However, if you look through your posts:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/mexico/board_id,5362/user_id,8372 31/a,messageboard/action,memberPosts/

It is YOU that pushes one doctor and one doctor only.  You respond to every single person here suggesting they go to your doctor and you even provide the link for them.

Proof is in the posts.  People are free to compare my posting to yours and see for themselves who is the paid poster here.

ryansgirl
on 8/22/09 8:57 am
i'm going to dr almanza i'll let you know how it go! good luck on your search!

nikki
rere49
on 8/23/09 7:15 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
You go girl!!! Almanza did mine, May 08 108 pounds!!! Sweet man. WASA is just spouting her venom again. Eventially she will dry up. Someone throw her a bone so she will be quiet please.
(deactivated member)
on 9/6/09 5:01 pm - AZ
On August 23, 2009 at 5:02 PM Pacific Time, fightingfat wrote:
Hey bubble head, For the millionth time, all Dr. Almanza’s licenses are on his website! but you know that. Dr. Aceves does have a referral program. I still get email newsletters from him because I contacted his office when I was researching, the info on the referral program is right there! I am not going to feed into you anymore. We all know all about you Michelle.  

Yes, Aceves has a referral program for PERSONAL FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS only.  Not people met on a message board.

Please get a clue.

SMoran
on 8/23/09 11:13 am - Washington, DC
Good grief, I didn't mean to bring out such an angry discussion.

For what is it worth, Midwestern Girl has not "pushed" the doctor she had surgery with on me... in fact, once  I told her I was concerned about a longer plane flight, she's never suggested him to me again.  What she *has* done is given me good questions to ask people when I talk to them, good things to research on my own and helped me to think through all of the potential issues.

I think this issue is going to be fraught with emotional baggage for a lot of us.  It is scary to think about surgery -- medically, and financially.  People who look for Mexican doctors are even more vulnerable to this, I think, because we are spending a significant amount of money, and we really, really want to make the right decision.  We want it to be effective.  We want not to have complications.  If you are like me, you might feel badly that we are having to take such drastic measures to do what some people seem to do relatively easily, or at least without literally taking their lives in their hands.

I am new here, but I would hope that there would be a place where people can share information -- good and bad.  The fact is, just as there are bad teachers (insert any occupation here), okay teachers, and excellent teachers in the world, there is going to be a wide range of skill among weight loss surgeons.  That is something I think deserves to be discussed and evaluated.  Similarly, objective data such as medical facilities, credentials and procedural differences among the practitioners should be open for comparison and evaluation.

I'd much prefer that people work on facts, rather than personalities, in this issues.  I think, ultimately, that is what will help people make the best decision in this very important arena.
liveinphx
on 8/25/09 2:49 pm - Phoenix, AZ
On August 23, 2009 at 6:13 PM Pacific Time, SMoran wrote:
Good grief, I didn't mean to bring out such an angry discussion.

For what is it worth, Midwestern Girl has not "pushed" the doctor she had surgery with on me... in fact, once  I told her I was concerned about a longer plane flight, she's never suggested him to me again.  What she *has* done is given me good questions to ask people when I talk to them, good things to research on my own and helped me to think through all of the potential issues.

I think this issue is going to be fraught with emotional baggage for a lot of us.  It is scary to think about surgery -- medically, and financially.  People who look for Mexican doctors are even more vulnerable to this, I think, because we are spending a significant amount of money, and we really, really want to make the right decision.  We want it to be effective.  We want not to have complications.  If you are like me, you might feel badly that we are having to take such drastic measures to do what some people seem to do relatively easily, or at least without literally taking their lives in their hands.

I am new here, but I would hope that there would be a place where people can share information -- good and bad.  The fact is, just as there are bad teachers (insert any occupation here), okay teachers, and excellent teachers in the world, there is going to be a wide range of skill among weight loss surgeons.  That is something I think deserves to be discussed and evaluated.  Similarly, objective data such as medical facilities, credentials and procedural differences among the practitioners should be open for comparison and evaluation.

I'd much prefer that people work on facts, rather than personalities, in this issues.  I think, ultimately, that is what will help people make the best decision in this very important arena.

I could not agree with you more that people should work on facts. Facts, if a person is going to post them should be able to be backed by cites and resources and also be able to be verified.
Outright lies should NOT be tolerated and the person should be called on them.
I also agree that these boards should be a place where folks can feel safe to share about their experiences without fear of being attacked, lied about or otherwise abused and mistreated.
I understand that you appear to trust MWG, I do not. I have been on the receiving end of her lies and venom and it all started when I posted about my PERSONAL experience with my sleeve surgery journey. It was so bad at one point I consulted with an attorney about what I might be able to do about her libelous statements. I opted not to purue it in the legal arena however please be careful about MWG's "facts".

Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
idaho1959
on 8/24/09 5:33 am - guthrie, OK
I am having my Sleeve on Sept. 22, 2009. I was originally going to have the band done, but after doing research, I decided to go with the sleeve. I feel it's a better option for me.

I decided to have Dr. Almanza do my surgery after researching several doctors. He is new (2 years on his own) to the field, but I am very comfortable with my decision.

Many people on here have their own agenda, but when it comes down to picking a doctor for yourself, go with whom you feel comfortable. And, don't forget to listen to your instincts - they are usually right.

Cristina
Cristina Riley

rere49
on 9/5/09 11:41 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
Right on!! He did my sleeve, and I love it. You wait, they are awesome there. Watch out, they will make you laugh..I liked the family like setting they have. I can't wait for you to post when you get back!!
(deactivated member)
on 9/6/09 5:02 pm - AZ
On September 6, 2009 at 12:04 PM Pacific Time, fightingfat wrote:
THANK GOODNESS!  Looks like midwestern bubblehead was finally kicked off OH too!  I think that makes her banned off of pretty much every board now lol!  maybe we can all get back to the nice board we always had here.  thank you OH for being a place where we don't have to put up with such idiots!

What in the world are you blathering about now?

susan4794
on 9/6/09 9:00 am
 How do you tell if someone has been kicked off of OH?

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views