Glad to meet you all!

hollykim
on 8/8/09 12:33 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Hello to all,
I am a newbie to this forum but not to Oh. I have been fighting BCBS-Tn exclusion clause for the last year. I fought all the way thru to civil action, I might do that next!
In the meantime,I will be self paying for my VSG in Juarez with Dr. Rodriguez.
I am very excited to join this forum and very excited to begin planning my surgery which will happen early 2010. (have to save that money)!
I will try to be a frequent poster and keep all up to date.
Holly

lkworthy
on 8/8/09 2:44 pm
Hi.

My insurance won't cover Wls either.Sooooooo I'm going to have to self pay as well.
I to have to save a little more money so I'm looking at early 2010 also. I can't decide between the DS or RNY .  I'm thinking about Dr. Pompa as my surgeon but I'm still researching and weighting all my options.

Best wishes and good luck :)

LaTonya
hollykim
on 8/9/09 8:34 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
LaTonya,
Thanks for the welcome. I checked into  Dr. Pompa and she seemed very qualified. I chose Dr. R. as he does his own inhouse financing for qualified patients and I needed that .
Good luck and maybe we will edn up being surgery sisters!
Holly

lkworthy
on 8/9/09 11:13 am

Holly,

I was not aware of the in house financing with Dr. R, thanks for the info. Now I just might look into him also. It does seem a lot better than having to come out of pocket with full payment. Thanks and maybe we will see each other in Mexico.

LaTonya

hollykim
on 8/10/09 8:18 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
It sure does help! IT will make the difference in me having to wait many more months to save than I am now... Good luck!
H

ryansgirl
on 8/9/09 12:01 am
hello dear and welcme!
hollykim
on 8/9/09 8:35 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Thanks!
Holly

William_getting_thin
on 8/17/09 11:17 pm - Cypress, TX
Hello Holly,

I had gastric bypass in Mexico in July and everything went very well. The doctors and nurses are much more willing to take time with you than medical professionals do here in the states. My only problem was a little boredom sitting around the hotel for a week waiting until the doc would take out the drain tubes and let me fly home. Your procedure will probably let you return sooner. I think you have made a great decision for your health!

Take care,
William
hollykim
on 8/18/09 3:03 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I think I have made a great choice too ,William.
Thanks for your reply!
H

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views