Dr Jose Rodriguez????

Divadelight2009
on 11/6/09 3:00 am - Lancaster, TX
Hello my name is Diva Delight. Im flying to El Paso from DFW on 10/16/09 to have the lap band surgery @ Star Medica under Dr. Rodriguez.  Now that im closer to my surgery date im getting nervous.  I heard alot of bad things about Mexico, but have only googled positive things about Dr. Rodriguez and the facility.  My patient advocate is the best.  I have only 2 possible problems. 1) I havent received my passport which is being expedited to me. 2) there is a possibility I may be pregnant.  So I will.update this site on the outcome after the 16th..
Mkeith35
on 11/15/09 6:32 am
Hi!! I have 2 weeks for my surgery 11/30/09. I am little nervous about the plane seats I've always heard they don't make them for plus size people I don't want to be embarrass I'm over 300lbs was this a problem with anyone will I be able to fit in a seat with no problems.Of course this will be my first flight and being off land freaks me out as well but I think I can handle that part with a prayer ...lol Have anyone just recent had surgery with Dr. Rodriguez @ Star Medica in Mexico.How was your experience?
fundy
on 11/15/09 11:42 am
Hi  M Keith....I just returned from Dr. Rodriguez @ Star Medica 10/27.  He, and his team are absolutely the best and the most thorough.  I wanted to have my surgery at the Star Medica because it is a full-serve hospital just in case anything happened to me as I am over 60 and no spring chicken.  Dr. Rod is such a professional and the other Dr.'s assisting him are also.  The surgery only takes less than an hour.  The only thing that was ackward for me was the language barrier; but if you just ask for someone that can help you in English the nurses will get you someone.  That hospital is spotless; there are cleaning people on every shift and English TV channels.  Just remember to walk walk walk as soon as you can.  What hurts is the gas in your abdomen from the surgery;  they will give you pain meds through your IV;  I was up walking the first night of surgery and from then on every day and night.  Very professional and caring;  On a scale of 1-10.  The team would be an 11.  Congratulations on choosing Dr. Rod.  Blessings to you.  Welcome to your new life!!!!
Mkeith35
on 11/17/09 8:44 am
 Hi Fundy,
                Thanks for the info. you provided.I'm glad everything went well on your trip there and back from Mexico. I haven't heard anything but positive things about Dr.Jose Rodriguez and his staff that's great to know it makes me feel better about going through the whole thing....Thanks... Wish me luck... I'm counting down.I'm excited about making an effort to my new life.I'll keep you posted on my experience and weight loss journey and you do the same as well. Good Luck to you!!!
Mkeith35
on 11/20/09 10:56 am

I only have a little over a week before my lap band surgery with Dr. Rodriguez @ Star Medica on 11/30/09. YaY!!! I'm on my way to my new life. I've already lost 12lbs so far yay for me. Planning on losing at least 5 more before surgery.

Mkeith35
on 12/4/09 3:45 am, edited 12/4/09 3:49 am
Hey all just made it back from Juarez,Mexico on 12/02/09.I had the lapband surgery. I can say my experience with Dr. Jose Rodriguez and staff was wonderful :) The hospital was clean better than any hospital I've seen in the US.As soon as arrival they was right there on point didn't have to wait for anything. If I had to do it all over again this is where I will go. I'm doing good so far a little sore but that's normal I didn't have a whole lot of gas afterward (a little).It's almost scary not feeling hungry. I have went 4 days so far not feeling hungry.WoW can this be real or is this just the beginning.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views