Dr Jose Rodriguez????

ORgirl
on 8/4/09 5:24 am - Dacula, GA
Has anyone had surgery with Dr. Rodriguez? I am seriously thinking of going with him and want to know what other's experiences were and what the area and hospital were like? Any input would be very helpful. I have been lurking for a long while and have no support from my family. I just need to know if I am choosing wisely. Thanks a bunch!
Robbin
on 8/5/09 11:37 pm - OK
I honestly don't know much about him.  But when I was trying to figure out which surgeon to use I put each dr name at the top of a page of paper.  Then I would write down $, time, surgery details and then a pro/con section.  Then I started comparing the doctors from the paper and narrow the possibilities.  From there I started emailing and talking to people from all over the states to get it down to about 4.  From there I went with the pro/con thing again and ended up with wanting to be close to the US, meaning not too far over the border. (just me, a little chicken).

On the pro/con list I always checked out the number of surgeries, their take on WLS issues, board certified and American acceptance.

Some girl on the board has a GREAT signature line...I am going to try to find it and post it on here for  you.  Brief explaination of why I think it is the best.  I had been around the PA, nursing and health care business many years.  I had a  friend that worked in the cardiac intensive care unit at a hospital where a certain doctor was allowed to practice.  He came to this town, rave reviews online and from the seminars, but on the inside was another story.  I tried to tell a few people without crossing the line and it blew up on me, as if I were attacking their doctor etc.  I realize that for the few people that turned out fine, it was their saving grace in this life.  I too fell the same about my surgery. But there is still reality and to make a long story short, he is no longer in practice at that hospital.

So in saying all of this, dig and dig some more.  Find inside sources if you can. I even called hospitals in CA and talked to nurses there about what they heard about Mexico, I figured if they were closer in vacinity maybe the gossip line was a little louder.

Hang in there!  You will come to the right decision for you!!!
Robbin
on 8/5/09 11:42 pm - OK
Unsolicited PMs about doctors, procedures, or facilities should be given as much consideration as spam offering foreign lottery winnings, penis- enlarging creams, and Nigerian fortunes.

This is good advice!!!!  I copied it from another person's signature line.  Also try reading or contacting jackie_p36, her post on Dr. R was positive.  Best wishes!!!
ORgirl
on 8/6/09 10:26 am - Dacula, GA
Thank you for the advice. I really appreciate your input.
jackie_p36
on 8/7/09 1:32 am
Hi there!  jackie is me:)  I had a great experience with Dr. Rod and would recommend him.  The deciding factor for me came down to money.  He was the only one who does provide his own financing.  It was 9400 total.  I put some money down and make payments to Dr. Rod for the balance.  He uses beliteweight to do all the scheduling and answer any questions you have.  The only out of pocket expense I had was the flight.  The hospital is wonderful and VERY clean and new.  Hope this helps PM me with any ??'s.
  [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wF0T1NC/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wF0T1NC/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/09 11:59 pm
Hi Jackie.  I am new to the site but have been in contact with Beliteweight in regards to choosing Dr. Rodriquez.  I too am self pay so money is a factor.    I have decided on the sleeve, did you have any complications and do you know others who choose Dr Rodriquez as well?  Thank you for your time.
jackie_p36
on 9/1/09 2:29 am
Yes there are quite a few.  I had no complications what so ever.  Danacruz, *****ymcsnipe check my friends on my profile there are several more.  Feel free to pm me anytime with any ???'s
  [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wF0T1NC/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wF0T1NC/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Mkeith35
on 10/25/09 12:31 am
Hi all!! I am having my lap band surgery Nov.30,2009 in Juarez,Mexico.I am very excited! will someone tell me how was their experience with Dr.Rodriquez I have did a full research but I need someone that have had one on one experience.Thanks!
fundy
on 10/25/09 1:18 pm
Hi MKeith....My friend Jennifer and myself, Patt will be leaving on Friday 10/30.  Too bad or we could meet you.  We are both having the Sleeve surgery on Tuesday 10/27.  We have both heard wonderful things about Dr. Rod.  Very professional and the Star Medica, if that is where you are going, is the best.  Best of luck to you.  Enjoy this new chapter of your life.  Fundy
Mkeith35
on 10/26/09 10:17 am
I know I wish I could meet you and Jennifer as well I have read alot about Dr.Rod and Star Medica .I'm glad everything that I've read is positive that makes me feel better about my weight lose journey.I still have a month before my surgery date I guess I have to be patient and wait .It just seems like it's going to be forever.I wish you all the best of luck !!! Keep me posted on your weight lose journey!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views