for those of you who had surgery in mexico how did you............

ryansgirl
on 8/13/09 10:57 pm
thanks! i'm hoping for a happy ending.
idaho1959
on 8/14/09 7:45 am - guthrie, OK
You may want to rethink telling your doctor before the surgery. He/She may want to do pre-op blood work just to get a baseline of what your normal numbers are. That way afterwards there is no guessing what is normal for you. Just something to think about.

Cristina Riley

Robbin
on 8/15/09 8:46 am - OK
hey idaho...I recently moved from Edmond.  Used to go to church in
Gurthrie.  Old neighbors.  If you need anything let me know.  I loved my surgery in Mexcio. Don't think I would choose to have it done here if I could.
William_getting_thin
on 8/14/09 9:56 am - Cypress, TX
I haven't told my pcp yet, she will be surprised and I'll tell her about all the research I did. Of course she's well aware of the co-morbidity factors that had just starting to be a problem (elevated blood pressure, elevated glucose, elevated triglycerides).  These should all be markedly better at 3 months post-op. So glad I did this!
pattan59801
on 10/25/09 1:11 pm - Missoula, MT
RNY on 04/04/12
Funny story....I told my PC that I was going to get the WLS in Mexico, I told him I was getting the sleeve and asked him if he would do my post op....................................He said he did not know what the sleeve was so he didnt know what do do for post op....so I was explaining the sleeve to my doc....go figure
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views