Cost of VSG and DS in Mexico?

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/09 8:52 am - AZ
On July 20, 2009 at 5:27 PM Pacific Time, ShilohMN wrote:
I was gonna have the DS in the states Sept 4th, but my there was a mystake and my insurance won't cover it. I would possible be interested in the DS or VSG in Mexico. Can anyone share the out of pocket cost with me and who they recommend?  thanks

For DS in Mexico the only doctor I would suggest is Ungson.  He has great experience and stats.  There are a couple of cheaper doctors but they are very inexperienced and have questionable backgrounds.

I do not know the cost for DS.

For sleeves Aceves has never had a sleeve leak and he's never had a sleeve death and he's done over 600 of them.  He's $9K and that includes absolutely everything except airfare.  Three nights in a beautiful hospital.  Or, Rumbaut is the other great surgeon for sleeves.

If you check out my profile you can see a section on how to research Mexican sleeve surgeons.  I'm working on one for bypass and DS but I have to learn a lot more about the procedures before I can write them.

Robbin
on 8/5/09 11:47 pm - OK
love that story of the bf...good for you!!
Robbin
on 8/5/09 11:48 pm - OK
the one time date I should say instead of bf.
sandyv63
on 8/10/09 9:51 am - Naples, FL
DS in Tijuana with Dr. Pompa is $13000. It includes everything but airfare. Dr. Ungston is also a fine doc but too expensive in my opinion. He is not the only decent doc in Mexico. Do your homework on both the doc and the procedure before you commit. The motto on the DS board is think twice but cut once.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views