Cost of VSG and DS in Mexico?

ShilohMN
on 7/20/09 10:27 am
I was gonna have the DS in the states Sept 4th, but my there was a mystake and my insurance won't cover it. I would possible be interested in the DS or VSG in Mexico. Can anyone share the out of pocket cost with me and who they recommend?  thanks
(deactivated member)
on 7/20/09 12:35 pm - Gray, GA
I have no clue on the DS.  The VSG's range from around 6,000 to around 10,000.  I'm paying right at $9000 with Dr. Aceves in August.  Sometimes they run specials and it may be a little cheaper.  Be sure it covers EVERYTHING except airline tickets (though some even cover those too).  Lots of folks on here love Dr. Aceves, Dr. Alvarez, Dr. Gonzales, Dr. Joya and Dr. Rodriguez.  I'm sure there are many others but you hear people talking about them.  It's best to go to the various sites and submit an inquiry.  They will email you promptly in most cases.  This is a business in Mexico.  It's totally different from how we are used to managing our health care.  You need to be informed and know the questions to ask.  I guess this should apply to our care ANYWHERE but somehow we seem to let docs here tell us what they are going to do.  These doctors are all in the business of doing good work and leaving their customers happy.  After all... they want the referral and they have a lot of competition.  In the US you sometimes have to take who you get.  When making the decision to self pay you get to be a lot more selective and seek out the best.  Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.  I'll be glad to share some of my research with you.
jackie_p36
on 7/21/09 10:59 am
Dr. Jose Rodriguez is 8500 or he offers direct financing and it's around 9300 with the financing.  They require some money down and then you can make payments on the rest after surgery.
  [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wF0T1NC/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wF0T1NC/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

hollykim
on 7/22/09 12:35 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 21, 2009 at 5:59 PM Pacific Time, jackie_p36 wrote:
Dr. Jose Rodriguez is 8500 or he offers direct financing and it's around 9300 with the financing.  They require some money down and then you can make payments on the rest after surgery.
Thanks for the info. does "direct financing" mean borrowed and paid directly to his office,not thru a loan company?
Holly

jackie_p36
on 7/23/09 1:10 am
Yes, the financing is from the doctor and not a loan company.  I had a bankruptcy due to a divorce a couple of years ago so no company would touch me.  I had no problems with Dr. Rod in getting it otherwise I wouldn't have been able to have the surgery.
  [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wF0T1NC/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wF0T1NC/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Dustyranchgal
on 7/21/09 7:50 pm - Laredo, TX
I'm not sure about the cost for DS, but my surgeon offered two different pricing options for Gastric Sleeve.  I paid $9,800 for full package whi*****luded pre surgery tests, surgery, hospital for 3 nights, hotel for 6 nights and all the other appointments and things related to my surgery.  I did have to pay for my plane ticket though.  I had a great experience and everything was well organized. The hospital was gorgeous.  If you don't speak Spanish, you might find some language barriers at the hospital but I didn't find that part very difficult.  Everyone else  including my surgeon spoke perfect English.  Well, not true. . .my driver who picked me up at the airport and the one who took me back to the airport did not speak English, but they knew riht where to take me so I just went along for the ride. I would do it all over  . . .no doubt!

I am 3 months post op but I have not weighed myself in over a month. (The scale and I had a disagreement a while back and got divorced. . .LOL)  I started at a tight size 24 and I'm down to a 14 and some 12's already (my goal is a size 8) and I feel a hell of a lot better.  I keep running into people who haven't seen me since befor esurgery and they don't even recognize me.  FUN! 

My best NSV (non scale victory)  so far happened last weekend . I  went out to a club with some friends and ran into a guy I dated once last year. He never called for a second date and even though he wouldn't admit it, I know it was because of my weight.  Well guess who was flirting with me like crazy at the club?  He was so sure he was going to get "LUCKY" that night.  I played his game until closing time and then asked him if he even had a clue who I was.  His jaw hit the ground  when I said, " I"m the fat girl you took out once last year and never called again."   SURPRISE!     I said a few more choice words to him and he went home ALONE!!!  What a JERK!!!     But for me, it was a great feeling to turn the tables on him.  I'm not spitefull by nature, but he deserved it. 

Anyway, didn't mean to get off topic but just had to share that NSV.

Best of luck with your surgery and feel free to e-mail with any other questions. 

Dusty
Size 24 to a 14 in 3 months!
Gastric Sleeve in Monterrey, Mexico  www.drhoracio.com
Dr. Horacio  (He's a cutie too!!!)   Can we say EYE CANDY???
ShilohMN
on 7/22/09 12:20 pm
I loved the story about the shallow guy you told off.........  Thanks for the info too.
TheREALYorkiemom
on 8/3/09 3:41 am - New York , NY
Girl I LOVE that story!
amurrell
on 4/10/15 9:39 pm
  1. Nice story lol
JanelG
on 8/3/09 3:26 am - Canada
DS with Dr. Ungson is $16k for laparoscopic and Dr. Marchesini in Brazil is $13k laparoscopic.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views