IM BACK had my VSG July 8 W/ Jose Rodriguez

jmgsearch
on 10/12/09 5:21 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi Fundy...

My name is Jennifer... I am curious, are you going to be in Juarez at the Star Medica Hospital with Dr. Jose Rodriguez on the 27th? If so, I am also scheduled for that day and flying into El Paso from Phoenix.  I am coming alone so would love to know others arriving for that same duration.  Either way, let me know....

Thanks,

Jennifer
fundy
on 10/12/09 11:49 pm
Hi Jennifer...I find out today which Hospital I am going into.  I think it is the Star Medica and it is with Dr. Rodriguez on the 27th.  My husband and I are flying in from California to El Paso Monday night and then being picked up Tuesday AM and shuttled over.  I will email you back later today when I get all the scoop from Belite.  Hope we are together!  Patt
jmgsearch
on 10/13/09 1:53 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi Patt..  I am so excited someone else will be there from the states.  I am coming in alone and expect I will be on the same shuttle you and your husband are riding in.  At least I hope I am, I don't want to travel in alone!   I am also working with Belite, working with Teri specifically.  Please let me know your schedule once confirmed, thanks!

Jennifer
fundy
on 10/13/09 1:28 pm
H Jennifer.   Yes, I am going to Star Medica on Tuesday the 27th.  We will probably be in the same shuttle and I can't wait to meet you. I am working with Sylvia at Belite.  You tell Teri and I will tell Sylvia that we have been talking and are ready to do this together.  I am excited that we found each other on the web page.  I know that hubby will be there, (you will love him,) but it's so nice to be scared and excited together.  Write and tell me about yourself.  I am 62, but don't look or feel it except my overweight problem, work at our local community college and love working with the students.  I lost my other job after 22 years when they left town and that kinda of devastated me and my weight got out of control worse that ever in 2006.  Three of my friends have had this done and 2 gals that I talked to in Oregon and they are all doing great!.  I just wanted to do this for myself because it is permanent.  I never wanted to have my bowels moved and this sleeve seems to have hardly any side effects.  Let me know what you think.  Hubby and I will be staying Monday in a motel because I did not want to rish flying in and being operated on in the same day.  We have not luck on stuff like that.  Also, we will be staying over Thursday night before we fly home early Friday AM, just to get some quiet time and rest.  I have to be back to work Monday AM so am taking advantage of the rest time while I can.  Mini vacation:)  How about you?  Write me and tell me your thoughts too.  Can't wait to meet you, Hugs, Patt
jmgsearch
on 10/14/09 3:44 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi Patt....

It sounds like we are on the same travel path...    what time are you guys leaving Friday morning? My facilitator (Teri) mentioned to fly out as close to 12noon on Friday to ensure if there is a delay in discharge I will still make it to the airport but if you guys are flying out early AM, I'd like to rework my return flight so we can all shuttle back together.  I would hate to travel in alone now that I know there is someone else coming in and leaving on the same days.   

As far as me, I am 30 (31, Nov. 7th) and this is like a birthday present to myself... (won't be even in a state to eat bday cake on my bday, that part is a tad depressing!) -- But the life change is worth every penny of it.   I currently weigh approximately 190 lbs and have blown up from 160 lbs (should be an average of 130ish) but blew up from 160ish to 190 since my lay off last year.  I have  food addiction and therefore a little nervous my mental hunger might mess this up for me but I am also so severly looking for a new way of life, self-esteem kick, etc that I am hoping my mental hunger won't take over. 

I genuinely look forward to meeting both you and your husband.   I wonder who will go into surgery first!  haha :o)   

Maybe our rooms will be close together so when they force us to do the "walk, walk, walk" --- we can both work through some of those steps together.   

I was going to say, please let me know your email address and we can talk more offline if you'd like.

Talk to you later!

Jennifer
fundy
on 10/14/09 1:14 pm
Jennifer....Here is my email address.  Please email me anytime.  I just got off the phone with Sylvia.  Trying to get my medical clearance so that I can book my flights and sent my deposit check off from the bank on Friday.  Email address is [email protected].  Also, here is my cell phone number, so write it down with the other important numbers.  Dennis and Patt Funderburg, 530-945-3474.  We are flying into El Paso Monday and staying at the motel.  I just don't trust the flights.  If something happened flying in the AM and didn't arrive for the surgery, I would die.  So, we are flying in the night before just to play it safe.  Then surgery on Tuesday, stay Wed PM and released on Thursday.  We are staying again Thurs at a motel as we do not want to hurry home and again I just didn't trust going back across the border and catching a flight.  Our luck, they would have something and lock down the border crossing and we would miss the flight, so hence we are catching a room and flying out Friday AM home.  I will write when I talk to Sylvia tomorrow and let you know how things are going.  I am so glad that we found each other as girl to girl.  Hugs, Patt
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views