IM BACK had my VSG July 8 W/ Jose Rodriguez

littlecutiedawn
on 7/17/09 4:10 pm
.My whole experience with Dr Jose Rodriguez and all his team of Doctors and all the staff and especially the nurses at Star Medica Hospital in Juarez Mexico were so very great. My husband and I were really impressed with the care I received and him as a guest. The only thing that was a little hard was the language barrier but it was never an issue or threat to my health we always figured out what was being asked or said, many times it was funny and like playing a guessing game of how to re-phrase what I had just said, sometimes I found it easier to just physically show them what I want or needed or sometimes the nurses and I would bust up laughing trying to figure out what I or they meant. My favorite nurse was Jonathan

*** My surgery was kinda like relaxing because I have 4 kids and it was kinda a gettaway for my husband and I. We never had any problems crossing the border, we were picked up from the airport and taken directly to the hospital and same on the return. We were told each step of the process from the moment we arrived at the hospital. **** My husband loved getting fresh cooked mexican food 3 x day.

***********BEST BEST ADVICE ******* The day of surgery will be your most challenging, but its easier after that just make sure to WALK WALK WALK WALK to get the gas out of your stomach, I had a lot of gas stuck I thought it was pain from them surg site but it was gas pain which that pain can not really be controlled with medicine but walking helps get that pressure and gas OUT. The next best thing is the day you have your drain removed, You will feel so much better, this happens the day before you leave to go home. *** No it does not hurt to have the drain removed that was a BIG fear of mine.

It has been 1 week since surgery and I have lost 15 pounds and I feel so great. I dont really have pain just some aching in left side and some fatigue but this is normal. I have even took my kids to the circus and shopping since I have been home. IMPORTANT to walk and not lay around, this is proof that you will feel better if you follow Dr Rod's advice and dont stay put on couch or bed. 

Any questions please feel free to ask me Thanks to all my support.

littlecutiedawn

Bitchy McSnipe
on 7/18/09 12:54 am
Sleeve twinz 4 lyfe, dawg!

Yeah, the experience was good, and I feel great!

danacruz
on 7/19/09 9:30 am - Deltona, FL
danacruz
on 7/19/09 9:32 am - Deltona, FL
I'll see you ladies on the losers bench in a couple days

Dana
jmgsearch
on 10/4/09 3:48 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi Dana,

Do you know what size bougie Dr. Rod uses? I am scheduled with him on 10/29.

Thanks,

Jennifer
fundy
on 10/12/09 1:38 pm
Hi Dana, I have just scheduled with Dr. Rod for Tuesday 10/27 for the Sleeve.  Please write and let me know anything that you have discovered about Dr. Rod and Juarez.  What type of procedure are you having done.  Thanks, Patt
andreals
on 8/6/09 3:12 pm
I am just looking into the idea of getting a vertical sleeve and will have to pay for the procedure without help from insurance.  If you don't mind, could you tell me how much your procedure cost to do in total?  Thanks!
  Andrea
fundy
on 9/8/09 1:22 pm
Congratulations Dawn....I will be hopefully going to Dr. Rod the first week in October with my husband just like you.  Walk walk walk.  I was so glad to ready your words.  Please email me any other details that I might need to know.  Did you have to go on any special food before your arrival and surgery date?  They tell me that I arrive on Sunday and check in and have blood etc done and have surgery done on Monday.  Stay MondayPM and TuesPM and Wed PM and get out Thursday.  Is that what you had done.  Surgery and stay 3 nights.  Thank you for any other info that you can send.  Also, PS is the couch that makes into a sofa comfy for hubby.  I know that he will enjoy the 3X mexican food.  Did your hubby eat in the hospital or go outside.  Thanks again Dawn and keep up the good work.  How much have you lost by now the middle of Sept. Hugs, Patt 
jmgsearch
on 9/11/09 7:17 pm - Glendale, AZ
My sleeve surgery is scheduled for 10/29/09 and I have been researching for weeks on any info regarding Dr. Rodriguez and his team and the hospital.  I see consistency in a language barrier with the nurses, I am not entirely concerned with that as long as he (rodriguez) speaks clear english w/ no barrier issues.  I saw another post way back that unfortunately did not receive a response but got me curious of the same questions.   The questions that were addressed were:  Do they provide you bottle water? I hear Mexico's regular drinking water is not good (can get you sick, etc);  Is there wireless internet? Is there American TV Shows or all tv in Spanish? If so, is there a DVD to bring your own DVDs to watch?  Is there a land line in the room? If so, does this allow for outgoing/ incoming US calls?  What is the food/water/liquid diet schedule like once surgery is completed, i.e.; ice chips for the remaining 3 days or?  As much information that someone can provide to the above questions would be beneficial to know not just to me but several others that are wanting to understand the same when going to an international hospital.   Thanks.
fundy
on 10/12/09 1:37 pm
Hi Dawn....I am scheduled for Tuesday October 27 with Dr. Rod.  I am excited and now nervous.  I have been fighting with the insurance for all this time since you emailed me back with news and finally enough is enough, so I called and scheduled today.  From what I understand I will get picked up Tues AM, get my lab work done and get the procedure of the Sleeve done Tuesday afternoon.  Stay Tues, Wed and Thursday nights and then get released Friday AM.  Do you remember what time approx you get released.  I am curious for the flight home to California.  Also, I remember you said walk, walk, walk.  Can you start walking right away when they tell you so.  Also, what is the sofa/couch/bed for hubby like?  Last but not least, how you you doing now with your weight and how are you feeling body wise?  I can't wait to feel normal again.  Anything else that you can tell me would be appreciated.  Thanks, Patt 
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views