Confusion re: passport

Aryssia
on 7/15/09 3:35 pm
Hello everyone!

I'm having my surgery done on 07/27 and was told by patient coordinator that for now I would be able to cross the border by land with my driver's license and proof of application for passport.  Does anyone know if that is accurate?  I haven't been able to find anything to substantiate this anywhere else.  Thanks for your time!
jessicagutierrez1
on 7/15/09 5:50 pm - SIGNAL HILL , CA
yas that is accurate i just went to mexico tj to be exact and i crossed with my drivers liscence and birth certficate its no problem at all good luck !!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/09 3:38 am - San Diego, CA
Totally should be fine...I have gone for 2 fills in my lap-band in the past month and did not have a problem.  I took my birth certificate and driver's license. ;)
Monique So Sweet
on 8/11/09 12:48 am - The most southern tip of..., TX
I live in a border town and we went to Mx a couple of weeks ago to take our puppy to her vet over there.  We have NOT applied for passports yet.  When we pulled up to the agent, we unfortunately got a jerk.  BUT YES you can pass with only ur Birth Certificate and DL or ur receipt for application for passport.  The worst they could really, really do to you is make u go to secondary inspection and just grill you about the procedures, blah blah blah and they might give you a little paper that says you were non compliant or they could hold you for 24 hrs but then they would let you go.  Chances are VERY UNLIKELY that, that is what they would do.  Its NO biggie and don't let no customs officer or BP agent tell you different and I know this because my hubby is a Federal BP Agent. (and no we are NOT getting our passports either. lol)  I wish you well.
Monica

U tell me that I sin,
U say Im bound for hell,
So once ur judgment condemns U,
I SHALL SEE U THERE.

I'd rather be an OPEN sinner
than a FALSE saint...

Monique So Sweet
on 8/11/09 12:49 am - The most southern tip of..., TX
DOH! I just saw the date on this,,and u have more than likely been there, done that.  Sorry. Hope everything went well.

U tell me that I sin,
U say Im bound for hell,
So once ur judgment condemns U,
I SHALL SEE U THERE.

I'd rather be an OPEN sinner
than a FALSE saint...

Aryssia
on 8/11/09 3:06 am
 Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to this anyway.  We got lucky and the BP guy barely even bothered to glance at my papers.

Take care!

11 lbs. lost pre-op

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views