had vsg 3/2/2009 and lost 30 lbs to date but have stalled for over 3 weeks ooops

jessicagutierrez1
on 7/13/09 5:17 pm - SIGNAL HILL , CA
i had the vsg done 3/20/2009 and have lost 30 lbs to date but i have not lost 1 pound for 3 weeks is this normal and how do i get back on track can someone please help?????
sjenks9971
on 7/14/09 1:38 am - Canada
How many calories are you eating in a day? Write down everything you put in your mouth. Eat your protein first then Veggies then the Carbs if you are still hungry. How much water are you drinking? How much are you exercising? 
JanelG
on 7/15/09 9:23 am - Canada

Congratulations on your weight loss so far!!  I had VSG done Dec 2006 and lost weight the first 8 months, then stalled for a year, now regained 28 lbs!  I never did reach my goal.  Make sure you follow all the rules, protein first, no "slider" foods.  We tend to slack off on the rules and go for the carbs and slider foods because they don't get stuck and feel uncomfortable.  Work out as much as you can the first year and try to loose as much as you can.  Nobody told me this, so I screwed up my honeymoon phase by eating whatever I wanted and didn't workout because I was loosing anyways.  But you will NEVER loose as much weight so easily as you will in your first 6-8 months...SO TAKE ADVANTAGE and reach goal, or close to it.  cause it SUCKS when the honeymoon is over!!  If you think your stomach has stretched, you can check out the 5 day pouch test:

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/

jessicagutierrez1
on 7/15/09 5:46 pm - SIGNAL HILL , CA
thank you guys so much for the advice. i honestly dont count my calories and i eat very minimal but i think im chosing the wrong foods thanks again i will work hard this year !!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views