Medical Tourism coordinator.......can someone recommend one?

GayleTx
on 7/11/09 8:03 am - northeast, TX
I know that many people have gone to MX for wls surgery and been very pleased with their results so I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.......

our son and his wife are considering MX for in vitro fertilization (their insurance does not cover it).......we find many clincis on the internet and many 'medical tourism' websites and companies, but would really prefer to use one that  we at last know someone has had experience with.

Can anyone here recommend such a group or company? Or do you know someone who knows someone who might?  We are in Texas but just driving over the border and turning over your body to a stranger without some reference is a little scary. 

Thanks for any guidance you can give us............
chanakurtz
on 7/29/09 8:48 am - Houston, TX
i used belite..jane holland has been a dream...im leaving in the morning to have rny with dr alejondro aguirre so all i can say is that i will tell you when i get back if it was all it was cracked up to be..i have researched and check out in here and from what i understand i wont regret it..

HW 268/SW 262/GW 150

brightsexychick36
on 8/5/09 12:21 pm
How are you doing since your surgery? I plan on having a revision 8/25 and im excited as well as nervous.Any information will be helpfu. Such as your experience etc.
angelarias
on 8/3/09 7:54 pm
HI THERE:

I recommend bypassing the "middleman (medical tourism)" and do your research based on the surgeons and their reps. Your procedure price will be cheaper and there will be room to negotiate.

Don't stick to the docs "on the border". You might have to go to another Mexican city or town further inland.

I think that there are some well-regarded in-vitro clinics in central Mexico as well as Seoul, South Korea but I do not know enough about that area.

My friend did fly into Arizona to do in-vitro in Phoenix for 15K. I don't know how much it is in Mexico.
Cheers,
Angel
Banded July 2004/Drs. Ortiz/Martinez Tijuana,Mexico
260 starting weight/250 surgery  weight/200 plus or minus 5 pounds current weight
50 percent weight loss attained/goal weight 135-140
I have 6cc's in a 9.75cm (4cc) Lap Band. I am hoping to be at goal 135-140 in a year! Thanks for the encouragement all of you have provided me! LONG TERM BANDSTERS WORLD-WIDE, SHARE YOUR BAND SUCCESSES AND YOUR BAND SORROWS!
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/09 8:47 am - AZ
On July 11, 2009 at 3:03 PM Pacific Time, GayleTx wrote:
I know that many people have gone to MX for wls surgery and been very pleased with their results so I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.......

our son and his wife are considering MX for in vitro fertilization (their insurance does not cover it).......we find many clincis on the internet and many 'medical tourism' websites and companies, but would really prefer to use one that  we at last know someone has had experience with.

Can anyone here recommend such a group or company? Or do you know someone who knows someone who might?  We are in Texas but just driving over the border and turning over your body to a stranger without some reference is a little scary. 

Thanks for any guidance you can give us............

I would not use any of them to be honest.  They are just adding additional cost and they are going to send you to the person that gives them the best commission instead of sending you to the best doctor.

If you check out my profile there are two sections, one on how to research a MX band surgeon and one for a sleeve surgeon.  I realize you are looking for a different type of doctor but it might give you a starting point for your research.

Kelly T.
on 8/16/09 10:03 pm - Woodbridge, VA
I know this is a little late for this string.  However, I just wanted to let you know that I ended up paying $2000 more dollars by using a middle man.  I wish I would have known that I could have just gone straight to the doctor's office!!  Three other people got the same procedure that day for $2000 less.  So disheartening.  Good luck.
Kelly
"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels".

William_getting_thin
on 8/22/09 5:33 am - Cypress, TX
I can, contact wouter at World Med. I had surgery in Monterrey July 8, World Med arranged everyting and they were great to work with, I have lost 45 pounds so far. Their attention to detail and follow-up was terrific. Tell him William told you to call.

http://www.worldmedassist.com/Weight-Loss-Surgery-Abroad.htm
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views