Dr. Ortiz? comments ? anyone?

monetlily4015
on 6/30/09 8:30 am
I have a friend looking at going to Dr. Ortiz, any info would be appreciated about your experience, their facilities, safety etc.
thanks
L

In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different. - Coco Chanel
AnnieZ
on 7/1/09 7:20 pm
VSG on 06/06/07 with
Hello!

I went to Dr. Ortiz for a lap-band in 2005.  The facility and staff was very professional, and my husband and I felt safe.  (We were picked up by Dr. Ortiz's mother and did not stray too far from our hotel.)  That was before all the drug lords took over Tijuana, but I feel they would be very protective of their patients as they wouldn't want a bad reputation as far as safety.  The office and rooms were very clean. The OR was well equipped with state of the art equipment (I am a nurse). 

I need to say that I had to remove my lap-band, but not due to poor procedures or complications.  The (U.S.) MD that agreed to follow me sold his practice and couldn't take on patients that he hadn't operated on.  I never had a fill.  I got spooked about band slippage, erosion, ongoing fills and unfills, and high complication rate.  I knew I had to do something that was permanent so had the VSG & haven't looked back!  (I did check to see if Dr. Ortiz did the VSG and at that time he did not.)

Best wishes to your friend.  There are lots of people who LOVE their band and do very well.

AnnieZ

Kirsten :-)
on 8/13/09 2:24 pm - Agoura Hills, CA
 I went to Dr. Ortiz and am 100% happy!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views