Alvarez or Aceves?

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/09 4:56 am - Gray, GA
Trying to decide and there's so much good on both of the them.  The price is basically the same.  So how do i decide?  Any suggestions?  Thanks!
AnnieZ
on 7/1/09 7:34 pm
VSG on 06/06/07 with
Hello Hope!

I can tell you from my experience only, but know there are many people who post who would tell you equally good things about Dr. Aceves.

Two years ago I went to Dr. Alvarez for a VSG.  It was an outstanding experience.  I never felt I needed anything or unsafe for one moment; in fact, I have never had that kind of care before or since.  The staff was excellent & Dr. Alvarez checked on me several times following my surgery.  I will always be grateful to Dr. Alvarez for giving me a chance for a new life.  He  has years of experence as a general surgeon and an amazing bedside manner.  When we left I was given my records for my GP and medications to get me through my lengthy flight home.  From the first time I contacted Dr. Alvarez's office to the time we left the hospital there was someone there to answer my questions and make sure I felt comfortable with the answer.

I would encourage you to look at infection rate, complication rate, how to contact the doctor if you have complications, etc.  (Dr. Alvarez gave us his personal cell phone number.)

Good luck - ask any questions you may have.  I am sure others can tell you about Dr. Aceves as well.

AnnieZ

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views