Shout out to Dr. Aceves patients and question about airlines

Beth S.
on 6/23/09 7:52 am

I have a date with Dr. Aceves for the Verticle Sleeve and I'm wondering about what airline others used, that flew from the U.S. to San Diego. I've only flown a couple of times and it's been years ago and I have no clue where to really start *lol* I live near St. louis so that's where I'll be departing from. Any information will be appreciated!! I'm soooooo excited and nervous!

sjenks9971
on 6/23/09 9:04 am - Canada
Congrats on your Date of July 14th! I'm going on July 20th with Dr. Almanza. I went through cheap tickets cause they seem to be a really good site to go through. The tickets are non refundable but that's okay cause I wouldn't change it for anything anyways. Some airlines are charging now for bags. So if you can bring only 1 bag and have to pay the 1 price that is good. I am flying jetblue. They had the best times for my trip and were only 20 bucks more than the lowest air fare but had crappy arrivals times and return times. So just keep searching and the sooner the better to booking because the longer you wait the more it will cost. Being that fuel is going up. Gotta lover our economy. So good luck and let me know that you decide to go with! Take Care!

Sara
Beth S.
on 6/23/09 3:44 pm

Thanks Sara!  I've been looking and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with AA and so far it's the only one available to me on this date for a non-stop flight...I don't want to have to stop or change over or anything...especially post-op ughh! would suck I think.

Thanks again!

Beth

mercedes19762003
on 6/24/09 5:44 am - Seattle, wa
Regardless of what airline you use, keep in mind that most will let you use your surgery as an excuse to board the plane early.  After surgery, when you get to the airport, just go to your terminal and tell them you just had stomach surgery and wanted to board early so as not to have to climb over everyone and risk bumping it.  No one gave me a hard time and me and my hubby got to get on the plane first. 
Beth S.
on 6/25/09 1:58 pm
Oh! good idea, hadn't thought about that. Someone did mention that I might want to check into wheelchair use post op at the airport, but I'm not sure about it and if it'seven neccessary.

Thank you for posting!

Beth
isabel41206
on 7/2/09 7:02 am - MURFREESBORO, TN
I did the wheelchair and was so glad i did.  plus you go to the front of the line at security. easier and you will be tired and sore. i had a long layover and that was aweful. . i was  so glad to get home. take some crystal light and protein powder because there is nothing for a post op in airports.  but you can find water ... 
Beth S.
on 7/7/09 10:57 am
How did you go about letting them know that you would need a wheelchair ? or did you just tell them when you got there to return home?

I have crystal light that I can take but not sure how I can package up protein powder to bring along, it's a white powder...hate to get stopped for cocaine *lol* 

Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views