Dr. Liza Maria Pompa Gonzales?

danacruz
on 6/22/09 12:29 pm - Deltona, FL

Has anyone had surgery with Dr. Pompa at LIMARP?

I spoke with her directly, she said she uses a 32Boughie, titanium staples, does 3 leak tests. I have spoken to a few patients of hers(I got the phone numbers from Dr Daniela, who is her nutrionist(makes the arrangements). I am feeling pretty good about her and the whole situation until I see her being bashed on Verticalsleevetalk.com.

Can anyone help me? I'm ready to go and get the surgery done! And all I find is info on Dr. Aceves..now get this-Dr. Pompa told me herself! that he's a great surgeon..so there! It's not like she's bashing a great surgeon, I just can't afford him-so what now?? HELP

Dana                           
nu.me
on 6/22/09 1:06 pm - CA

hi danacruz,
Just like you I looked into Dr Pompa and spoke to Daniela and felt very comfortable until I read about her on Verticalsleevetalk.com. It was distrubing reading the crass comments. I'll be waiting to see what sort of replies you will get on this post.

N H.
on 6/22/09 9:41 pm - FL
Hey Dana,

I came home on Sunday from my VSG with Dr. Almanza in Tijuana at the Emmanuel Medical Center.

Sorry to butt in BUT, those same folks bashed Dr. Almanza a few months ago here on this website.  Wasabubblebut truly supports her doc, Dr. Aceves-she was Mid Western Girl here.

I did my research and PMed actual Dr. Almanza patients.  Every one I contacted raved about how great he was and I never found anything to the contrary.  When I asked MWG where she got her info she became very defensive and said I needed to do my own research.  I Googled him and there was nothing to throw up any red flags. 

Dr. Almanza was wonderful, the nursing staff was great and I am glad I went to him.

Just thought I would mention this for some more food for thought. 

Take care and good luck, Nancy
                                          Pre Op-Surgery-Current-Goal
                                            232  -    213   -  153 - 150

5'4" tall
Stage 1 Plastics 10/20/10 with Dr. Adrian Menjarrez-Mexicali
Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck    
sandyv63
on 6/22/09 9:55 pm - Naples, FL
You have to remember that  unfortunately some unscrupulous docs have people say false things about other docs in order to drive business away from them. It is totally unethical and completely untraceable. The WLS market in Mexico is extremely competitive and just a few posts on this website can literally make or break a career. I am always suspicious of posts that appear to  be over the top and I have learned that if a doc is truly awful, you will hear about it on the surgical boards. There have been many Mexican docs blasted on this forum but so far only ONE had any merit.  The best way to filter the truth from the BS is to PM people who have actually gone to any particular doc you are interested in. Get the details from someone who has nothing to gain or lose by being honest. I did this when I was looking into doc Pompa and I received first hand information from people who trusted her to do their WLS. I am tentatively scheduled on Aug. 20th for my DS, depending on whether I can get approved for a loan, and I feel very comfortable with my decision.
danacruz
on 6/23/09 2:54 am - Deltona, FL
Thanks for the info-I was looking into surgery also with Dr. Rodriguez, but found that he is too busy to call his prospective patients?? Dr. Pompa had no trouble calling me at all, and made me feel important..my head is spinning, I just want to get my surgery and move on with my life change. I guess I just have to buck up and stand my ground..whatever it may be.
Thanks again for answering back, I'm still trying to navigate the website-so forgive me, I don't know exactly where to look for all of the info I need.
christacooper
on 6/25/09 5:17 am
RNY on 05/15/09 with
Dr Pompa is GREAT, I had RYN surgery May 15 and I'm doing wonderful.  My sister had RYN surgery last April and her son had lap band in Sept of last year  with her -- None of us can say anything bad about our experiences with her and her team. 

Everyone speaks english, they keep you informed as to what is going on and what to expect.  Even after surgery they check in on you to make sure your still doing good.

After surgery the hotel that they send you to is nice also.

I would recommend her to anyone!!!!!!!!
casey_mcknelly1
on 7/6/09 8:49 am

I AM 4 DAYS POST OP FROM THE LAP BAND.  IT WAS A GREAT FACILTIY.  I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. 

I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/09 10:55 am
On June 28, 2009 at 2:26 PM Pacific Time, fightingfat wrote:
I completely agree with NH.  Verticalsleevetalk.com has the same few people (moderators of that board) that bash doctors based on nothing!  They will steer you to their doctor.  It is well known about wasabubblebutt / midwesterngirl and her affiliation with Dr. Aceves.  You are doing the right thing by talking to patients that have actually gone to the doctor you are considering.  At least she does not bash her colleagues!   
Those people have exited the building
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/09 11:11 am
Those two are gone from that board
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/09 7:28 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views