How much do pain meds cost in Mexico?

Deb W.
on 6/4/09 10:55 am - Palm Bay, FL
I know most pain meds in the US are relatively cheap. I just asked my Dr's office in Tijuana how much they would cost and she said around $150. That sounds real high to me. How much did you have to pay? Thanks, Deb
liveinphx
on 6/4/09 10:59 am - Phoenix, AZ
On June 4, 2009 at 5:55 PM Pacific Time, deb2696 wrote:
I know most pain meds in the US are relatively cheap. I just asked my Dr's office in Tijuana how much they would cost and she said around $150. That sounds real high to me. How much did you have to pay? Thanks, Deb
Are you planning on buying pain meds in MX? 
 Most of the surgeons down there provide you with them as part of the surgery.
Bringing them back across the border might be an issue as well.
Although I did not need pain meds after I left the hospital my PCP had given me an RX for them to have on hand "just in case".
Maybe I misread what you were asking
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
cristytwins
on 6/4/09 11:12 am - salem, OR
I had lap band with Dr. Juan Corvala. He is the best. My pain meds cost 50.00. I had my surgery on 7/18/2008
Deb W.
on 6/4/09 11:16 am - Palm Bay, FL
Thank you for responding. I am having rny with Dr. Corvala on 6/15. His office said they will give me a prescription to be filled to take home. I can get it filled there b4 going home because pharmacies in the US probably wouldn't fill it.
cristytwins
on 6/5/09 5:21 am - salem, OR
Why are you choosing to have the bypass instead of lap band? You dont have much weight  to loose at all. Good luck with your up comming surgery you'll do fine.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views