Anyone going to Piedras Negras on May 15th?

boca
on 4/25/09 11:49 pm
VSG on 05/15/09 with
I am scheduled to have the VSG with Dr. Alvarez on May 15th. I was wondering if anyone else is going around that time?

I am counting my days. Can't wait to get rid of the sucker LOL.
jlynnwelton
on 4/27/09 1:07 am
VSG on 05/19/09 with
I am having my VSG with Dr. Alvarez on May 19th.  Maybe we will pass each other in the airport. 
boca
on 4/27/09 10:48 am, edited 4/27/09 10:48 am
VSG on 05/15/09 with
Well, good luck then and I hope to see you on the VSG board with updates.
Adriana
nomorefatso
on 5/11/09 12:32 pm
VSG on 05/20/09 with
 Hi, I'm having the VSG with Alvarez on the 20th, so we'll probably be recovering together...Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/09 6:03 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
I am leaving this coming Sunday.  Good luck to you!  I am excited for us all!  :}|
boca
on 4/27/09 10:50 am
VSG on 05/15/09 with
Oh, your date is so close. I bet you are somewhat scared. I know I am. Please post as soon as you can about your experience....and of course Good Luck and have a speedy recovery.
Adriana
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/09 9:36 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
I am really not scared.   I have worked in hospitals with contagious folk, so the flu is what it is.  We are surrounded by scary stuff every day and dont think about it - the violence?  It is what it is.  I live in a city and folks are killed every other day (at least).  I think the chances of sickness or being collateral damage is as great here in the states as it is a lot of places.

As for the surgery?  I was relieved.  I was relieved to finally have an end to the trying and stuggle and a beginning to the tool that was going to help me maintain what I worked hard to lose.

I say "was" because my husband is busy having meltdowns.  But he has since the beginning, so it just seems like more reasons he is throwing at me to not have the surgery.  I might hear him differently if he had been actually supportive from the beginning.  But, I am probably being a stubborn ass and cranky because I am the one who is supposed to have the right to be afraid and he is the one who is supposed to comfort me.  (You know, in a perfect world.  :}) 

So, its wait and see right now.   I am going through with my week of liquids just in case.  I really just would like this to be over, honestly. 
Paulette F.
on 4/27/09 1:38 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 05/09/09 with
I'm having surgery on 5/9 -- less than 2 wks away --- woohoo!  I'll already be home when you get there --- will leave behind positive vibes for you :)

11 lbs. lost during preop

boca
on 4/28/09 9:14 am
VSG on 05/15/09 with
Thank you, thank you all. I hope you'll all do very well and will be satisfied with the weight you've lost. I can only picture how much life will change. Can't wait for that change to happen.

Good luck!
Adriana
livingoodandfree
on 4/29/09 10:54 am
VSG on 05/11/09 with
Wow I found the Alvarez girls!!! I go on 5/11. Prayers and good wishes for you all. Let's stay in touch. I too am catching a lot a concern from family about going to MX as well with flu issues. I emailed texas dragon lady to see if any reported cases in Eagle Pass or Piedras Negras. She lives in Eagle Pass. Not heard back from her yet.
Livingoodandfree  
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views