I need support, family freaking out..

ryssa
on 4/24/09 9:54 pm - TX
I am having Rny June 15 with Dr. Pompa and some of my family members are trying to convince me that I have lost my mind. They think it's crazy to go to Tijuana right now. They also think I am stupid for having surgery in Mexico. Will I be ok??
Staceeh
on 4/24/09 11:59 pm, edited 4/25/09 12:00 am - Yakima, WA

I flew into San Diego on Monday, April 13th, last week, was driven to the hospital in Tijuana and had Lap band Surgery that afternoon, I left Tijuana on Wednesday, My husband went with me and he ventured to many restaurants near the hospital, TGIF is across the street.  He speaks some spanish but there were no issues whatsover and everyone  was extrememly helpful and wonderful.  I am 12 days out and lost 20lbs.  Tell your family you love them, but you are doing this for yourself, and you would be crazy not too!!!

Good Luck and God Bless

Stacee
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/09 1:27 am - GA
congrats on your surgery date. This past three weeks I have been doing alot of research on surgery in mexico from what I have read and learned that as long as you do your research on the doc. you choose you will be okay.Every day I read and ask alot of questions and I am growing more confident in my choice. Just be paitent with your faimly and do what you need to do and after your faimly sees the change they will be happy for you......... Right know Im trying to get prices how much will it cost you for rny?
ryssa
on 4/26/09 8:34 pm - TX
$11,500. plus airfare. What's up about this swine flu? Is God trying to tell me something????
Deb W.
on 5/7/09 6:09 am - Palm Bay, FL
I too am currently doing lots of research. I am considering Dr.  Juan Antonio Lopez Corvala from bariatricsolutions.com in Tijuana mexico. He seems very well qualified and very respected. They charge $9000.
kookaburra64
on 4/28/09 6:48 am - victoria, Canada
check the cdc website for updates. use common sense. goodluck sandi
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/09 6:49 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
And remember, its never a bad idea to always get a flu shot, every year.

Good luck to you, girlie.
christacooper
on 4/30/09 10:49 pm
RNY on 05/15/09 with

I'm getting the same feed back from co-workers.  But I have done made up my mind I'm keeping my appointment with Dr. Pompa for 5/15.  I've packed me a face mask and enough hand sanitizer to take a bath in the stuff.  I'll let you know how every thing is & was once I return.

Staceeh
on 5/2/09 1:23 am - Yakima, WA
Good for you!!  Remember you will be in a hospital, where better to be if you were to catch "flu" symptoms.  Don't let this little "bug" stop you from doing this, it will be ok.  Did you know that the regular flu kills 150,000 to 250,000 people a year.  I think this whole N1H1 has been just blown out of preportion, dang media.  When I was in Tijuana two weeks ago for my surgery, I encountered the airport people at San Diego, my one driver and then the hospital staff....that was it.  I am sure they are all being checked. 

Good Luck and God bless you on your journey to a new you,

Stacee
christacooper
on 5/21/09 11:40 pm
RNY on 05/15/09 with
Hey, I wanted to give you an update..   I had my surgery with Dr. Pompa on May 15th.  I was wonderful.  The Dr's and Nurses are fantastic -  I cannot say enough great things about them.  The place is very clean.  No need to worry you'll be fine. 

As for the surgery itself -  everything went great, I didn't get sick from them putting me to sleep (everyone is different).  You'll be sore of course but it is not bad.  {I felt heavy in my stomach area making it a little difficult to get up from the bed}.  They Will have you up moving around as soon as possible. (walk as much as possible, it really helps, especially if you have gas).  The only bad thing is carrying the IV & your thing (bottle) to check to make sure you don't have any leaks, if your taking a friend, let them carry.  I went by myself so I didn't have that luxury.  They will have you taking a shower the next morning after your surgery (bring your own bath wash & lufa, all they had was shampoo/conditioner while I was there, lucky another patient had some shower gel I could use).  The last day, when they go to release you from the hospital they will take out the bottle/tube.  I looks like it would be painful to take out, really its not that bad, just do what they tell you & you'll be fine.  You will have five places of where they do the surgery but you will not have any stitches to remove other than where the bottle/tube was, (I only have 3 stitches, which are coming out today).  If your staying at the Grand after your surgery, It is very nice & clean.

I just wanted to give you my update & let you know how everything went........

By the way since my surgery I have lost 10 pounds...  Drink your water/You will not really feel hungry after this surgery I haven't yet and today makes a full week.

Good Luck & please let me know how everything goes.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views