Medical travel insurance

Mandyk01
on 4/25/09 1:19 pm - OR
Has anyone purchased medical travel insurance? I found a company that offers it but the hospital has to be JCI approved so it would limit my choices a little.

I am also worried about asking my insurance people about coverage in fear of tipping them off about my plans. I don't want my employer paid insurance calling it a pre-existing condition and I don't want to be stuck in mexico with no accidental health or death benefits from my supplimental insurance. I am young an poor so there is not alot of money to be had from my insurance plans but i certainly don't want to be a burden on my family if something were to go wrong.
Dustyranchgal
on 4/28/09 11:57 am - Laredo, TX
Hi Mandy,

I looked into travel insurance too, but what I found with most plans is that they won't  cover complications resulting from a procedure you knowingly went to have done.  But. . . . I was looking at the cheaper plans, so the one you are considering might have better coverage.

What is the name of the plan.  It might be a good option for future travelers.

By the way, my surgeon practices at JCI accredited hospitals and I would recommend him very highly.  I couldn't have been more pleased with my recent surgery.  I had gastric sleeve, but there was another girl having RNY. I think she said she paid $10,800 but I'm not sure.  Maybe you can call and find out.  The number is 800-545-8757  or www.drhoracio.com

Take care,

Dusty  
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views