May 9th for VSG with Dr. Alvarez

Paulette F.
on 4/18/09 11:26 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 05/09/09 with
Anyone else going to be in Piedras Negras at that time?  I'm so excited --- only 3 wks away now!

11 lbs. lost during preop

felinemommy
on 4/18/09 11:59 am - NH
Congratulations Paulette~it's so exciting to have a date!  I'm sure you'll have a great experience..........and it will be here before you know it!

LilySlim - (TZ0U)

Maintain daily activity levels and practice clean eating........still battling some unhealthy behaviors!

gm1967
on 4/18/09 11:59 pm, edited 4/19/09 12:11 am
VSG on 04/14/09 with
Hi Paulette

Congratulations!!

I was at Piedras Negras earlier this week with Dr. A. Everything went great!

My recommendations...

1) bring half of what you pack in your suitcase. I wore my hospital gown the whole time that I was there.
2) after surgery, get your butt out of bed and WALK up and down the boring hallway of the hospital. The person who was operated on the same day as me did not walk as much and I believe that that person had a little bit of a harder time adjusting.

When we arrived back in San Antonio at LaQuinta hotel, the new waiting "to-be-operated-on" patients couldn't get over how relaxed and unaffected I seemed -- after having just been operated on.

Good Luck
Gordon
Paulette F.
on 4/19/09 1:53 am, edited 4/19/09 2:23 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 05/09/09 with

Congrats Gordon on completing your surgery -- I'm sure you must be very relieved that  part's over with.  Good luck on your journey -- we'll be anxious to hear how it's going for you.

Felinemommy --- your stats are amazing already!  I'm impressed with your committment to beginning making changes now.  Who knows....you may not need WLS by the time your surgery date gets here :)

11 lbs. lost during preop

gm1967
on 4/19/09 1:43 pm
VSG on 04/14/09 with
Hi Paulette

I live in Dallas and I took advantage of the great weather today to use my pedometer. I took 9,485 steps!!! Apparently, I should be aiming for 10,000/day.

I am actually getting a little concerned about the weight loss.... I weighed myself this morning and have lost another 3 pounds!!! And that was before the walk!

I walked around today with a bottle of water ALL DAY LONG b/c I want to avoid becoming dehydrated. Of course, being on the clear liquid diet doesn't help much.

It really is amazing. I haven't eaten "true" food in a week. Last Monday, my sleeve sister and I ate at Chop-Chop, a Chinese restaurant down the road from the Holiday Inn at Eagle Pass. I have had not solid food since then AND absolutely no desire. I have seen some pictures of goodlooking food. For example, those cooking shows on TV make goodlooking food. However, I don't have that "I am starving" or "Hmm.... I could go for a xxxx feeling".

I am looking for forward to having some thicker soups come Thursday. I am definitely tired of broth and jello!!! According to the sheets sent to me by Susan, I can eat Whey Protein Bullets. I bought some of those at health food store for $3 each. They are like tubes of chocolate milk. The salesperson showed me how one particular type gave 45g of protein as opposed to the 25 that the others had. I will start on those tomorrow. I really don't want to lose too much weight too fast!!!!

Gordon

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views