Dr Zapata

casey_mcknelly1
on 4/14/09 3:01 pm
Hello All,

I am new to this site but I have a few questions.  I am looking at having surgery in Mexico.  I am a nurse and have health insurance but it is an excluded benefit so I am forced to go to Mexico.  I am looking at Dr Zapata.  Does anyone know anything about this MD or about the hospital in Monterry Mexico??  Help if you can

Casey

staycwynn
on 4/16/09 3:11 am - wrightsville, GA
I was in the same situation and i talked with several people on the sight that saw Dr Zapata. I had lap band o 2/13/09 and had a good experience. Every thing seems to be going well but i am only 9 weeks out. While i was there alma the patient coordinator's mother passed away and i did not get to talk with her like i had hoped and past patients told me how helpful she was but i would feel comfortable calling her anytime if i did not have a friend that anwers most of my questions. the hospital was above my expectations but another lap band patient translated for me during the pre op because i know no spanish. i was very pleased. I am ow going to fill center usa for fills and that has been fine too. you can contact me with any questions if you would like

stacey
kathemil
on 4/16/09 4:27 am - MD
Hi Casey. I had my VSG done by Dr. Zapata and he is fabulous. I met him the day I arrived. He's very soft spoken, kind, takes his time in answering any questions you may have, and when I left his office, I felt confident that I was going to be okay. I did alot of research on him and the hospital and spoke to a reference. Nothing but high remarks. The hospital was really nice and clean. The anestiologist spoke good english and explained to me step by step what was going to happen. I had my surgery on Jan 30th, went back to the hotel the next day and went across the street to the mall the day after. I live in the Baltimore area so I had wheelchair assistance in the Houston and Monterrey airports on my way home. I would highly recommend Dr. Zapata to anyone. If you have any more questions, let me know and I'll answer them for you.
Dustyranchgal
on 4/16/09 11:32 am - Laredo, TX
Have you considered Dr HOracio Guajardo?  He's in Monterrey as well and I'm having my surgery with him next week.  He is board certified in laparoscopic, general and bariatric surgery.  He practices at JCI acrredited hospitals.  I'm in the medical field too, so all of these things are  VERY important to me. Prices are very reasonable!   www.drhoracio.com  800.545.8757   I had the chance to meet him in person when my friend had her surgery.  I was very impressed with him and the hospital.  Can't wait til the 22nd!!!

Good luck,

Dusty
661jennifer
on 4/28/09 1:46 pm - bakersfield, CA
I had the vsg done on Feb 12th Dr. Zapata saved my life. The man is practically a Saint in my eyes. He called me today to chat. He also let me use his personal camara to shoot videos while I was in monterrey. I love him what ele can I say....OH yeah and my tummy is super tiny I have lost 51 lbs so far with not even one problem
"People are healed by different kinds of healers and systems because the real healer is within." - George Goodheart

sarcva
on 5/23/09 9:52 pm - Stafford Springs, CT
I had the VSG on 5/19/09 with Dr. Zapata. Monterrey was a beautiful, clean, and safe city. Dr. Zapata and the hospital staff were beyond excellent. I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful the care I received was and how clean and professional the hospital was. I truly believe that there is not another doctor or hospital team in the world that could give better care than what Dr. Zapata and the hospital staff gave to me. I was treated like I was royalty and have found out that all of Dr. Zapata's patients are treated that way.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views