Cruise 1 month after lap rny?

ryssa
on 4/10/09 8:48 pm - TX
Hi,

I am scheduled to have lap-RNY on June 15th. I'd like to book our family a cruise for the end of July for summer vacation? Will I feel up to it? What will I be able to eat 1 month out? I do not want to pay for a trip I will not enjoy.

Thanks for your help!

archman
on 4/10/09 10:23 pm
You will be fine.  I felt great the next day after my lap RNY.   You will probably be on soft foods at one month out.  You won't be able to eat much but you may be able to sample small bites of things on the cruise.  At one month out, I had to remind myself to eat.  Pack some protein shakes and vitamins and go.

Archman
Cathy614
on 4/14/09 3:43 am - Viera, FL

Hi,

I have not had surgery yet, but I just got back from a 7 day cruise on Royal Caribbean and they offered soup, fish, grilled chicken at every sit down dinner.  The casual buffet line for lunch or dinner also had soup and hamburgers at all times as well as fresh fruits and cooked veggies.  Breakfast had fresh fruit, eggs, and a variety of other offerings.  There was so much to choose from that I think you will be just fine in finding food you can eat.  Also - if you give them advance notice they will accomodate dietary restrictions.

Hope that helps!

Mandyk01
on 4/21/09 11:54 pm - OR
Be careful with eggs, they are great for protein but my Mom still can't eat them or suchi 3yrs post op. Just one of the many food she has learned to live without.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views