I was Banded in Juarez, Mexico 4/4/09.

lawandad
on 4/8/09 11:02 pm - Houston, TX
I was banded in Juarez, Mexico Saturday, 4/04/09.

I made it back home safe from harm.  I flew into El Paso and Jorge the driverfor the hspital picked me up from the airport.  While leaving the airport the driver pointed out the hospital, but we had to go all the way around so that we could cross the border.   On the ride to the hospital I saw nothing, nothing, I mean nothing. 

We arrived at the hospital and it was beautiful, I do mean beautiful.  It was so clean inside and out.  The room was excellent the was a bed and a reclining chair your  guest could sleep in.  I only found two english channels on my flat screen tv one was WB and the othe one was news.  I brought my portable dvd and plugged it to the tv so my cousin and I could see the movies.  We stayed in the hospital the entire time.  Beautiful view from the windows and even when you look out of those you didn't see any danger going on.  I was seen by the crew that would be along side of the doctor during my surgery.  They caame and did blood work, EKG, Lung Test, Blood Pressure, X-Ray, etc...  After that it was all over.  The next day they took me to get X-Rays of my new band and port so that I can bring them back to the US.  They also gave me a sheet about my procedure, band and my lap band card.

We left Monday morning and headed to the border back into the US.  Again no violence at the border nor in the line waiting to reach the border.

Anyone heading to Juarez will be fine!!!!!

We all know how the news is they always find the bad thins to report that's what make the news, news. 

Let me know if I can answer any other questions concerning Juarez.

Good Luck!
dak0207
on 4/8/09 11:37 pm
Hi Lawanda! 

I've misplaced my cell phone.  I'm at work the next 3 days so asked my husband to look for it..Amazing how I miss it when I don't have it!   So how's the diet going?  Do you have much pain from gas?    What kind of food are you eating? 

Diana
lawandad
on 4/9/09 2:46 am - Houston, TX
I was going to call you today, when you get a chance please call me (832) 577-3440.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views