Dr. Zapata in Monterrey - anyone know anything?

sdriad
on 3/31/09 6:51 am
Has anyone had experience or know anything about Dr. Miguel Zapata in Monterrey? I am considering him for lap band procedures. His prices are cheaper than some others, but there are not a lot of testimonials or information on this website about him. Trying to make sense out of his credentials. Not very clear on the website. Mostly I want a surgeon that is in the region that is easily accessible from Texas not California so Tijuana is basically out for me. Should I be concerned that he is a member of ASBC but not FACS? What qualifications do I need to check? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
kathemil
on 3/31/09 8:19 pm, edited 3/31/09 8:19 pm - MD
I went to Dr. Zapata for the VSG on Jan 30th. I found him through the www.ready4achange.com website. Before making my decision to go with him, I checked out references, the BBB, did a google on Dr. Zapata, etc. Nothing but RAVE reviews. So I went to Mexico, met with Dr. Zapata who is a warm, very competent, speaks good english and answered every question I had. After meeting him, I knew I was in the right hands and was very comfortable with him doing my surgery. The hospital was very nice and clean. The anestiogist spoke very good english and guided me step by step what was going to happen. You can see Dr. Zapata's qualifications on this website, I believe, if you click on his name. It shows his diplomas, certificates, how many surgeries he did, etc. When I was there, there were 3 other people having Lapband the same day as my surgery. I just don't think they update their website too often. I don't know why. Also, Judy and Alma who work there are fabulous people and will answer any questions. Contact me if you want more info.
Dustyranchgal
on 4/2/09 3:25 pm - Laredo, TX
Hi,

Dr Horacio Guajardo performs surgery in Monterrey, but he also has an alternate location in Nuevo Laredo (just across the bridge from Laredo where I live)  He is in that office a few days a month for consults, post-ops and band fills.  My best friend has Lap Band surgery with him recently (she lives in Laredo too) and is really happy to have the office so close for her band adjustments.  Otherwise, she would have had to go back to Monterrey too. 

www.drhoracio.com    800.545.8757

Dusty

Pre Gastric Sleeve surgery and CAN'T WAIT!!!!
shelbyyy
on 4/14/09 10:21 am - chehalis, WA
I had surgery with Dr. Arturo Rodriguez in Monterrey Mexico 4 years ago.  He's been doing the lapband surgery for about 14 years now and I've been very successful with my band.  I'd be happy to talk with anyone about my experience there.

Shelby
[email protected]
sarcva
on 5/23/09 9:38 pm - Stafford Springs, CT
I had the VSG with Dr. Zapata on 5/19/09. Dr. Zapata was a phenomenal doctor. He is kind, patient, and caring. My experience with him, the Ready4 A Change staff, and the hospital staff was better than I could have ever imagined. They were attentive, focused on me at all times, and never took more than one minute to respond to a phone call or if I pressed the buzzer for a nurse. The CEO of the hospital came to visit me two times during the two days I was in the hospital just to say hello and make sure I had everything I needed. I felt like I received VIP treatment and have learned that all of Dr. Zapata's patients were treated that way. I would not have received the same level of care in the USA. Dr. Zapata's team and the hospital staff treated me like I was royalty. There were so many positive things about my experience in Mexico that I would be happy to share with anyone who may be considering surgery with Dr. Zapata.

fppcisco
on 8/5/10 6:40 am
Hell,
I am interested in LAP Band surgery with Dr. Zipata.  Can I talk to you via telephone about the Dr.?

Regards,
Frank
805 233 1599
Linda_Bloom
on 10/6/09 9:14 pm
Yes, I have also heard of Dr. Miguel Zapata from various sources, mostly through web. You can check his qualifications, references and testimonials in www.ready4achange.com website.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views