Not sure if price is worth the risk? What do u think????

L N
on 4/1/09 10:50 pm
Sleeve Gastrectomy Tuesdays! 
  Schedule your Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery for any Tuesday in April or May and receive the special package price of $6500!  (Some restrictions apply.  Please contact our office for details).     Call 1-800-935-6710 Today! 
The Team at MexicoWeightLossSurgery.com and aLighterMe.com

surgery with

Dr. MARIO ALBERTO ALMANZA REYES

lawandad
on 4/1/09 11:09 pm - Houston, TX
Only you can decide if you are worth the cost.  I'm paying cash for my lap band in Mexico and yes I am worth the cost.
liveinphx
on 4/2/09 10:31 am - Phoenix, AZ
On April 2, 2009 at 5:50 AM Pacific Time, naronlj wrote:
Sleeve Gastrectomy Tuesdays! 
  Schedule your Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery for any Tuesday in April or May and receive the special package price of $6500!  (Some restrictions apply.  Please contact our office for details).     Call 1-800-935-6710 Today! 
The Team at MexicoWeightLossSurgery.com and aLighterMe.com

surgery with

Dr. MARIO ALBERTO ALMANZA REYES

What risk are you referring to?
Surgery Itself?
Going to Mexico?
Going to this surgeon?
Going to this city?
I had my surgery in MX, in Tijuana in June 08. I have lost around 120 lbs and went from size 28 to size 10.
I did not use the surgeon you are referring to so I can't speak to his specifically but I can speak to safety issues related to crime in Tijuana and Juarez for that matter.
I can speak to the issues of this procedure as well.
Feel free to PM me and/or post this on the VSG board.
Keep in mind many folks that had the sleeve in MX used 1 of the 3 surgeons who advertise heavily on the sleeve board and they tend to be negative about any other surgeon's or cities other than where theirs was done. Please evaluate what they say with the broader picture in mind.  You may also want to talk to folks that have had surgery with this surgeon or know someone PERSONALLY that had surgery with this surgeon.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
Christina W.
on 4/3/09 10:55 pm - Buford, GA
HI..

If it is the surgeon you are worried about, Dr. Almanza is WONDERFUL! Of course, this is a very personal decision and only YOU can make the decision for yourself, but I had lapband surgery in January and an AMAZING experience going through aLighterMe.com.

Good Luck!

Includes 6lbs lost on pre-op    Updated 4/11/09
on 4/4/09 5:01 am
U keep asking about different Doctors, make up your mind. Or find a good Dr in the US,If u can keep up with the price
(deactivated member)
on 4/9/09 11:35 pm - AZ
JanelG
on 4/11/09 10:36 pm - Canada
I don't think you will find a better price then that in the US...that's for sure!  I was looking at going to Mexico for my VSG, but my family BEGGED me not to go there and stay in the US...so I researched for the cheapest I could find, which was $10, 900.  Only you can decide if it's worth it...my friend spent $5k on new boobs, my sister $5k on varicose vein removal...so the money was worth it to me...to loose weight and be healthy.  But I went into my surgery thinking...I will never have to diet again!  SO NOT true...just letting you know it's not the end of the weight battle, but the surgery does help!
(deactivated member)
on 4/15/09 12:16 pm, edited 4/15/09 12:20 pm - TN

This is your LIFE. I have seen so many posts from you regarding different prices, different surgeons, different packages. You need to do some REAL research on these surgeons and go from there. DO NOT ever let price dictate what you will and will not do when it comes to your LIFE and WELL-BEING. Create a list of qualified surgeons based on their experience, track record, etc. THEN, go from there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views