Dr Almanza

Nicki H.
on 4/4/09 10:39 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
I didn't have surgery with Dr Almanza, but I can speak for surgery in Mx.  It is such a personal choice.  I have gotten so many "oh my god!  You went to a foreign country for surgery!? Why couldn't you do it yourself" looks.  Check your doc out talk to others who have used him and do your research.  Please don't let someone else change your mind or worry you b/c they don't agree with Mx surgeons.  Those of us who have gone regardless of who we went to yeah we went out on  a limb, but for the most part we have all had great results.  Otherwise going there wouldn't be so successful.  You are doing a great thing for yourself!  Good luck to you both!

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

on 4/4/09 11:28 am
Thanks Nicole for your encouraging words, u are vert right,Too much Nah says
eureta
on 4/5/09 12:58 pm
On April 1, 2009 at 5:16 AM Pacific Time, 096 wrote:
Is anyone having surgery April 27 or 28 with Dr Almanza from canada or anywhere ? buddy system here.
No,  I am not having surgery with Dr. Almanza, but I will be in Tijuana at that time.
on 4/8/09 7:05 am
What would u be doing there?
Christina W.
on 4/8/09 10:39 am - Buford, GA
Like a previous poster stated, going to Mexico is such a personal choice.

If you choose to go with Dr. Almanza, I can tell you from personal experience, that he is WONDERFUL! I had lap band surgery in January and have had no complications and the surgery went smoothly. Everyone there is very nice and helpful. I will warn you that Dr. Almanza does not speak very good english, but no worries..There is always someone there to translate.

Good Luck!

Includes 6lbs lost on pre-op    Updated 4/11/09
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views