Dr Almanza

on 3/31/09 10:16 pm
Is anyone having surgery April 27 or 28 with Dr Almanza from canada or anywhere ? buddy system here.
kim marsden
on 4/1/09 2:24 pm - Canada

I am not going until May 21 for surgery with Dr. Almanza, you could probably contact the canadian coordinator (Shirley) and she may be able to let you know if there is anyone one else going from Canada,  Best of luck, I am so excited and anxious to go I wish I was going when you were. :)

on 4/3/09 6:56 am
What  type of surgery are you having. Also have you tried to contact Dr A personally.
I am really Worried,
kim marsden
on 4/3/09 9:12 am - Canada
I am having the lap band surgery, I have not tried to contact Dr. Almanza personally as I have not had any reason to as Shirley the Canadian Coordinator has been really good to get in touch with, also I have talked to a patient that had it done last July by Dr. Almanza and she is a cousin of a very close friend of mine plus I have also met another person here in Regina that went last year as well and had the lap band done and they both told me Dr. Almanza is very nice. What is it that is making you so worried?
on 4/3/09 9:49 am
I am worried because of all the negative cmments from some members on this forum, Even though they have not used him. I would have love to speak to pple who had VSG with him Also do u have Shirleys number.
Thanks
kim marsden
on 4/3/09 1:25 pm - Canada

That is funny because I haven't seen any negative comments at all.  If you are wanting to speak with someone who has the VSG you will want to talk to Shirley Rorh, she is the patient facilitator for the states and had the lapband and then had a revision to the VSG.  I called the toll free number to find out where I needed to send my deposit and she answered the phone.  She is from Washington and will for sure be able to help you.  The toll free number to contact her is on www.emmanuelmedical.com and it is 1-866-806-4286.   

I am sure once you talk to her you will be more at ease with everything.

on 4/4/09 2:20 am
Thanks I will call Shirley right away
kim marsden
on 4/4/09 3:16 am - Canada

I am sure you will be glad you called her, let me know how it goes!!!!

on 4/4/09 3:36 am
Thanks again, I am really glad I called her, She sounds like a great lady. She told me she had surgery also done by Dr Almanza.She sounds really nice and I felt more relaxed talking with her.
kim marsden
on 4/4/09 9:21 am - Canada
That is great to hear, I know you always question how so good can be so true.  I was going through the same thing a few months back but I had contacted the other Shirley that works for Dr. Almanza so I think that put me at ease right away.   Please let me know how everything goes and how your experience was. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views