Dr. Almanza's April VSG Special. TO GOOD TO BE TRUE??

stephie1029
on 10/8/09 1:43 pm
Hi Bernadett,
  Just wondering why you wish you had done the sleeve instead of the band?
Thanks,
Stephanie
FabBy50 .
on 10/9/09 11:53 am - Everett, WA
Hi Stephanie

Yes I do wish that I had done the sleeve instead of the band, and for many reasons. First of all there is NO follow up care, you have the sleeve and you are on your way to weight loss. With the band you have to do fills, unfills etc. Also with the band it is alot of work, I know I won't be popular for stating that but there is. You have to watch every bite that goes in your mouth, how fast you eat it and IF you chew it enough!!! I knew ahead of time that I would have to work with the band I just did not realize how much work. Have you been banded??  After everything I'm still happy that I did it, if I had it to do again would I do the band...NO I would have done the sleeve. I would never tell anyone not to get the band because it does work, you just have to be prepared to work with it!

Good luck! Bernadette
Countrygirl1
on 1/29/12 8:04 am
 On November 8, 2009 at 10:26 PM Pacific Time, gingin33 wrote:
I'm having the sleeve done on Nov 19th with Dr. Almanza. I'm very excited yet so nervous. Glad I ran across this discussion. Making me feel better about my choice in Dr. I did question why so cheap but then I realized. He's a fairly new young Dr. He has to start somewhere right? So anyway, if you can go to a more experienced dr for the same price, you all know which one you'd choose, so he has to be lower on his price. I imagine that will change as the years and the level of experience increases.
 hello I was wanting to ask you how things are going since ur sleeve and if there is any troubles since you have had it and how long did you have stay in the hospital?? Any info on dr Almanza would be great if you could please email me at [email protected] I am wanting to get my done this following month but want to make sure i get a great dr 
kathie1212
on 11/2/12 1:20 pm - Stoney Creek , Canada

How did this turn out for you I am considering  Getting this surgery done and with Dr Almanza So im hoping to hear from some people what there experience is and how much weight loss etc love to hear your story

kathie

gingin33
on 11/8/09 2:26 pm - Wichita, KS
I'm having the sleeve done on Nov 19th with Dr. Almanza. I'm very excited yet so nervous. Glad I ran across this discussion. Making me feel better about my choice in Dr. I did question why so cheap but then I realized. He's a fairly new young Dr. He has to start somewhere right? So anyway, if you can go to a more experienced dr for the same price, you all know which one you'd choose, so he has to be lower on his price. I imagine that will change as the years and the level of experience increases.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views