Dr. Almanza's April VSG Special. TO GOOD TO BE TRUE??

cmrizzuto
on 7/18/09 10:32 am
I am very happy you posted, I got a great deal and its only costing me 4500 to have my lap band done. All of these posts answered so many of my questions. Thank you
on 3/25/09 12:31 pm
Bernedette thanks for your info about dr almanzo did you pay money up front?
daisha1216
on 7/23/09 2:20 pm
Hi Jane,
I have scheduled surgery with Dr. Almanza on 8-25-09. I will be going there alone. Any information that you can offer will be appreciated.
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/09 9:05 am

Thank you for posting your experience. I am looking to have the VSG with Dr. Almanza-Reyes. I am going through Medical Tourism and they said that the Doctor has dropped his price (again). You stated that you stayed at a hotel, but MedTourism said that lodging is a place more like a boarding house. Do you remember the name of the hotel you stayed in?

kathie1212
on 11/2/12 1:12 pm - Stoney Creek , Canada

HI how were the patients that received the gastric sleeves condition? Did u see anything a miss there or see any one overly sick?? I have read many complaints of infection or leaks etc.... I dont want to lay out my money to end up ill. Did you see your instruments coming out of sterile type packaging??

pineview01
on 11/8/12 5:11 am, edited 11/8/12 5:12 am - Davison, MI

This post is 3 years old you do realize.  None of the info is up to date.  This is what I found on him on a site rating surgeons.

Dr. Mario Almanza

Dr. Mario Almanza is a bariatric surgeon working out of the Jerusalem Hospital (Jerusalem Hospital is a clinic, and not a full-service hospital). Dr. Mario Almanza earned his degree from the Universidad Autónoma de Baja California.

During researching Jerusalem Hospital isn't a hospital but, a clinic in a strip mall and you recoup in a boarding house.  There is lots of info if you read thru this board.

Here is a link to a thread from one of the posters here.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/mexico/board_id,5362/user_id,848376/a,messageboard/action,memberPosts/

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

FabBy50 .
on 3/25/09 1:23 pm - Everett, WA
Yes I paid a $1000 down payment. I then took a certified check for the balance.
whooptiewhoo
on 3/27/09 4:16 am - Wenatchee, WA
I just got home from lap band surgery with Dr. Almanza. I had my lap band surgery March 23, for $5,000. I am so glad I did it, ironically the day I got home I received a denial letter from my insurance company for WLS, so now I am sure I made the right decision. The day I was there, there were two lap band patients and one sleeve patient we all came out of surgery great. Although I can tell you the sleeve requires more recovery time. I am now four days post op and feeling great.
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/09 9:09 am
I am looking to schedule with Dr. Almanza. I have not yet because... well I am nervous. Did you all have the procedure done in a hospital or in a clinic? Where did you recover? Were you able to take a friend or family member with you?
How are you doing now?
FabBy50 .
on 3/29/09 4:15 am - Everett, WA
Hi Amanda

I was starting to worry about you, I had not heard back about your surgery. So glad you had a great experience and that you are feeling well.

Keep me posted, Bernadette
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views