Dr. Almanza's April VSG Special. TO GOOD TO BE TRUE??

L N
on 3/17/09 5:44 am
Hi I just found out that Dr. Almanza's is offering a 2 day special in April for the VSG Surgery.  The total cost is $6500.

Can anyone tell me if they have had VSG with this Dr, and if so what was your experience?  Do u know how I can find out more about him and his practice?

This cost is $2,000 less than any other Dr I have checked with.  Money is really tight now with the economy like it is, so the $2000 difference could be me having surgery verses me not being able to afford it.

Is there any TRUE way to find out how many VSG surgeries a Dr. has done?  I know I can call their office, but that does not mean all Dr's offices are telling the truth.  I think someone said Dr. Almanza stated he had done 400 sleeves so far.

Hope to hear from some of you soon. 
kim marsden
on 3/17/09 9:58 am - Canada

This is true that he is is reducing his prices.  I am going to him for lapband surgery May 20 and he reduced the price of the lapband from 7200US to 6200US so it is for real more than likely with the VSG.  There is a woman on his website she is from Washington and is the American Coordination she had the VSG done by Dr. Almanza and would probably be more than happy to talk to you.  If you go to www.emmamuelmedical.com and call the toll free number you will reach Shirley and they will give you all the info you are looking for.

rere49
on 3/17/09 10:06 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
You will LOVE the VGS. I have 35 pounds to go since May of last year. They were awesome to me and still keep me up to date. Call them, and they will give you the answers to any questions you have.  By the way, Dr. Almanza is a real sweetheart. Sandy Johnston is a great coordinator that can help you too. She is at [email protected]. They are a great group.
JanelG
on 3/30/09 10:06 am - Canada
I emailed Sandy about a week ago and she never got back to me...maybe she is on vacation??  Is there another email to ask Dr. Almanza questions?  Thanks
rere49
on 3/30/09 10:42 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
Call her now, she is there
PatyR
on 3/17/09 10:17 am
Hi there,
I suggest you to do your research (credentials, etc) also check if they perform their surgeries in a clinic or hospital, actually that's what makes a difference sometimes. I had my surgery done by Dr. Ponce de Leon and dr. Verboonen (great doctors!), paid $7,500. The surgery was performed at a totally equipped hospital, impeccable facilities, nurses visiting round the clock, I felt very comfortable and happy with my decission.
Good luck!!!
JanelG
on 3/21/09 12:24 am - Canada
I couldn't find much on this doctor...which worries me.  He looks very young, so maybe he is new??  But you have to wonder why so cheap?  Be careful because sometimes there are people from doctors office or paid people to "act" as post-op patients and brag about how wonderful there doc was to get people to go there.  Not saying those who posted here are lying...just be careful.  Here is the link I found on him:

http://www.alighterme.com/doctor_mario_alberto_almanza_reyes .html

If you can find some real patients who are happy with him, that is an excellent deal!!  Original price for VSG with him is $8500
FabBy50 .
on 3/23/09 2:07 pm - Everett, WA
Hi

I thought since I have actually had surgery with Dr Almanza that I would speak up and tell you my experience. I was banded one week ago and really did have a great experience. I will be honest this is a no frills place and not alot of hand holding. There were 4 of us with the band that day and 2 with the sleeve. I was the first one to go and so I was able to watch everyone after me. Dr Almanza was very polite and took time to talk to all of us before they started. Then it was Dr Betencourts turn to take over, he is very funny and loves to visit with everyone. I felt comfortable from the moment they picked me up until the moment they dropped me back off at the airport.  After all of us lap banders were done and were able to get up and walk around they took us back to our hotel. I had one visit from Amanda and then another visit from Dr Betencourt and the drivers. I also received several calls from Shirley to check on me.

The hotel was nice and fairly new. I felt comfortable and safe there.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them, I did alot of research first and talked to over 20 people that have had Dr almanza do surgery for them and they were all very satisfied. Good luck on your desicion and don't hesitate to contact me, Bernadette
JanelG
on 3/23/09 11:07 pm - Canada
wow!  Bernadette, you are down 11 lbs already, that's great!!
Is the lap-band on special too ($2000 off original price)?  I keep flipping back and forth on weather to have a revision done...the sale price is tempting, but I think I will try getting back to basics before I jump into another surgery.  Did you find someone near home to do the fills, and how much does that cost??  Thanks for your help.
FabBy50 .
on 3/24/09 8:57 am - Everett, WA
Hi Janel

When I had my band done they were running a Monday special....Iam very frugal and checked out every low cost Dr out there. I figured that this is a very easy surgery and any good surgeon could do it. So with all of that said I only paid $5000 for my band!!  And Iam satisied that I did my best to research everything ahead of time. I believe that all of the costs on WLS will be coming down because so many more Drs are doing them.  I found a fill place very close and I will use them. I was VERY happy with 11 pounds in one week too, until the 2 other girls that were banded the same day had lost more!! One was 14 lbs and the other was 17!  My sister had her band less than a year ago and she paid $7500, also in Mexico.

If you have any questions Im more than happy to talk about my experience.
Bernadette
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views