Gastric bypass cost in Mexico

mdpvalenzuela
on 3/13/09 11:37 am - N Las Vegas , NV
I am a 20 year old female 5' 9'' 310 and I am interested in having GB in mexico.  I wanted to know the average prices and side effects that you've had. 

I also wanted to know if you had a lot of excess skin after the surgery?

Thanks for looking.
liveinphx
on 3/13/09 2:27 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I would strongly encourage you to post this on the RNY board since many folks that have used surgeons/programs in Mexico but they may not frequent this particular board. If you have not already done so I suggest you also research all the procedures to make sure you are making the best educated choice for you.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
archman
on 3/13/09 11:58 pm
I had a GB with Dr. Joya in December 2006.  Cost was $12,500.00 USD.  All inclusive.
Check out his website at drjoya.com
Side effects have been minimal.  Only problem I have had is consistent low iron levels.  You will have to take vitamins and supplements after your GB.  I take a prescription for the iron defficiency.
Do not have a lot of excess skin.  Was not excessively large to start out.  Can see evidence of excess skin when I exercise.

Unfortunately, I am not 20 years old anymore.  My advise.  Do your research.  Decide on a procedure and have it done.  Before you know it, you will be forty years old.  Being overweight is tough for a male, but I would imagine it is infinitely more tough on a female.   At my peak, I lost about 100 lbs.  Trust me, losing that kind of weight will make you a new person.

Good luck,
Archman

isabel41206
on 3/14/09 2:43 am - MURFREESBORO, TN
I had Gb in Juarez (el paso texas border) with dr rodriguez. I have lost 104 lbs so far. have problems with constipation but otherwise ok. I flew down by myself and hubby joined me for one day and flew home with me.  cost was $12,500 plus airfare.
mdpvalenzuela
on 3/18/09 11:25 am - N Las Vegas , NV
Thank you very much for the advise! : )
Idaho Bandito
on 3/14/09 2:50 pm
HI,

Dr Horacio Guajardo  in Monterrey, Mexico is board certified in laparoscopic, general and bariatric surgery.  He practices at two Joint Commission International Accredited Hospitals in Monterrey.  The cost for Roux-en-Y gastric bypass is $13,000 and is inclusive of everything except your airfare.

His website is www.drhoracio.com and his profile here on OH is:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+p rofile+Horacio+Guajardo+tqq.html

He's a great surgeon!

Best of luck to you,

B. . .
TammyLynne
on 3/14/09 11:11 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/13/07 with
Hi there...

I paid 12500.00 with Dr Joya in mexico and that included my flight and everything.  I have not had any serious side effects from it.  I take a handful of vitamins everyday my levels are perfect.  As for excess skin.... Hmmm miles of it. Waiting right now for approval for the lower body lift.
  I started out at 405lbs and now have been holding at 165lbs for a few months.  My plastic surgeon dosent want me to lose another pound.   He says he will take off close to 20lbs with surgery.  I already only wear a juniors size 5 jean. And size small shirts. 
   You are a lot smaller then i was so your skin wont be as bad either. But every person is different.
   I have had no problems with my health. I did a fair bit of throwing up in the beginning but that was more learning what my new tummy could handle.   I cant handle any sugar.... I dump it through.   I eat very few carbs.. as they upset my tummy to.  And i am lactose intolerent. 
  But compared to before i feel 25 years younger and am much healthier.   Last week my doc told me that i was the picture of perfect health!!!!!!  (Took a bit for that one to sink it) I was always the one who was overweight and had many issues!!
   By the way i loved Dr Joya and his team.  The care i got there was awesome. 
    Good Luck.
queenfairy
on 3/16/09 4:46 am - midland, TX
RNY on 02/17/09 with
i just had my gastric bypass with doctor joya in puerto vallarta!!  today makes a month out and i feel great...i paid 12500.00 all inclusive great experirence and care beautiful place and no complications so far ...as for the skin it all depends on how much weight you loose, how young you are and how well you take care of yourself   so i strongly recommend dr joya. so good luck and if you have any questions let me know be glad to help.
mjksxz
on 3/16/09 7:05 am - spring creek, NV
i did not have the gb but i had the vsg with dr. pompa in TJ mexico. she and her staff were so great  and i do believe that the gb was around $11,000. the clinic was very clean and i always felt safe. there were 2 other men there that had the gb done and they looked good.
my surgery went very well  and i feel great
you can look them up on the OH website or look up Limpar if you have any questions you can pm me any time

Idaho Bandito
on 3/16/09 9:06 am
Hi,

Dr Guajardo in Monterrey charges $13,000 for RNY Gastric Bypass.  All inclusive except airfare.
Here is the website and phone number. www.drhoracio.com 800-545-8757  He is board certified and the Hospital San Jose is Joint Commission  International Accredited. 

He's really great about taking time to talk with you evaluate and  make sure you are having the surgery that is best for you both short and long term. Very personable and not pushy at all.

Best of luck to you,

B.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views