mexico 3/31/09

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/09 12:40 pm
VSG on 04/06/09 with
Headed to see Dr Alvarez 6 April.

To date, there have been no warnings about his area.  Part of the reason I chose it.

His record is awesome.......as you can tell by the many good things people say about him.  I am one of the posters on the VSG site.....have a look.....great amounts of insight there.

Good Luck.

C'mon APRIL.....lol

Jane
secail
on 3/10/09 5:04 am - Riverdale, GA
Lap Band on 01/16/09 with
HI,

I went to Dr. Alvarez for the lap band.... all I can say is that you will not regret your decision with Dr. A.  I was banded on 01/16/09 and the doctor and his staff were wonderful.  I wish more doctor's here in the States were more caring about their patients.  I know that it is easier said than done, but relax and enjoy the experience.  Just think, soon you will be on the Loser's Side enjoying the new you. 
Sue B.
on 3/13/09 2:41 am - Raleigh, NC
VSG on 05/29/09 with
My Husband and I will be there on May 29th!!
We are both getting the sleeve and I can not think of a better surgeon for the job.
I know it will be a great experience and the first exciting step into a new life.
Let us all know how it goes for you.
WAhunter
on 3/13/09 3:10 am, edited 3/13/09 3:11 am - Yale, WA
VSG on 03/31/09 with
well good for you guys.
I will keep you posted.
also good day for your surgery .. my daughter turns 7..lol.. which i am in total denile about
Keep`n the Faith

sycored
on 3/20/09 8:53 am - MD
I had VSG done on Feb 27th 09 with Dr. A.  It was a great experience.  The doctor and his whole staff immediately made me feel at ease.  The care I received after surgery was excellent.  The doctor came to see me at least two times a day.  I never had to ask for  meds, the nurses were there on schedule to give me my medications.  Don't panic when you see the small town and the older hospital.  You will be well taken care of.

My friend that accompanied me walked around the small town and visited the local restaraunts and shops.  She never felt unsafe.  She fell in love with the Empanadas that one rest served.

I will tell you to bring some crystal light, broth, and possibly some protein drinks for the day before surgery.  Also bring you swimsuit.  The hotel in Eagle Pass has a nice pool.  So does the hotel in San Antonio but you won't be able ti swim after surgery.

The day of surgery is a little rough, but the next day you will feel fine.  Definately walk and sip water whenever possible. You will do great.

Sue B.
on 3/29/09 11:16 pm - Raleigh, NC
VSG on 05/29/09 with

Thinking of you the day before your surgery. I'm so excited for you! (and a little jealous :-)  May god bless you and may he gently guide the hand of Dr. Alvarez. Sue & Mike

WAhunter
on 4/1/09 7:28 am - Yale, WA
VSG on 03/31/09 with
well it is the day after surgery and I am now on the loosers bench. the DR is fabulous with his patients. I would highly recommend hi now that I have been here and gone through it.
Keep`n the Faith

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 624 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views