Dr. Pompa

witcha
on 2/23/09 2:19 pm - Canada
Hi,
I am looking for as much information as possible on Dr. Pompa in TJ. I have to have revisional surgery and she has been recommended to me. I would love to hear from anyone that has had revisional and lapband surgery done by her.
Thanks so much,
Donna
mjksxz
on 2/25/09 6:00 am - spring creek, NV
i have not had mine with her yet but going in  a couple of weeks on 3-11 and I'll let you know how everything goes
witcha
on 2/25/09 6:06 am - Canada
Hi,
I'll look forward to hearing from you. I sure hope everything goes well for you.
Best of Luck,
Donna
Diane M.
on 2/25/09 10:03 am - Lakeside, CA
Hi,

I had my surgery with Dr. Pompa on 2/19/09.   I am doing just fine I had the gastric bypass.

My experience was very good I would recommend her.

Email me if you have any other questions.

Diane
witcha
on 2/25/09 1:47 pm - Canada
Hi Diane,
I had a gastric bypass(DS) in Jan.2007 and it failed. I have to have a revision and Dr. Pompa was suggested to me by someone. This individual has never had surgery done by her but said she comes highly recommended. I am curious if you don't mind my asking, how long did you have to stay there? I have some other complications such as a hernia but Dr.Pompa has been sent my medical records. I am just kind of nervous because it is so far from home so I guess I am looking to find out as much as I can. Obviously you were well cared for or you would have said otherwise lol. I have seen pictures of the facility and looks very clean and nice. Was there any problem with language or food etc.? Anything you can share with me would be greatly appreciated. Oh did you fly there or drive? If you flew how hard on you was it going home? I know some of these questions must sound silly but so many things go through my mind. I know I just about died being driven home after my first bypass and it was only 15 minutes from the hospital to home. Mind you I was out of the hospital within 4 days including the day of my surgery. Friends of mine that had had the surgery done before me said I got out way to soon. Did you have open or laporscopic? I have to have open due to the hernia and previous surgery. Anyway thanks so much for replying and I hope my questions don't seem to be to intrusive.  My goodness I just reread your email. You have just had your surgery. How are you feeling?
Thanks again for responding and take care,
Donna
Diane M.
on 2/25/09 11:55 pm - Lakeside, CA
Hi Donna,

I had a my lapband removed last May by Dr.Valencia he was surpose to remove the bad and revise the surgery to RNY however he said he couldn't which I really at this point don't beleive after all the research two things he was a bad surgeon or he just plain ripped me off I paid 13,900 for both the removal and bypass but instead in only removed the lapband was eroated . Then he would gie me and money back I asked him to reinburse 1500.00 because I paid for both the bypass was 12400.00 and the lapband removal i paid extra of 1500.00 he refused. Then he said he would do the bypass in 6 months and he would give me a break 10,000.00. The hostipal was in Enesanada and the staff did not speak english I was so upset I was told that the staff spoke english The whole experience was awful

I had a lot of doubts about my current surgery and did a lot of research even more than the last two times I spoke with Dr. Pompa a lot it took me months to decide.

My surgery was little harder than a first time patient because of the previous two surgery I have a lot of sacred tissue but Dr.Pompa still did the surgery Lap.

I made the right choice this time Dr. Pompa's medical office/surgery center was wonderful, very clean the room I was in had a view of the Golf course and had satellite TV.  The staff was excellent I was treated very well and most spoke very good English.

However I would not go alone my husband helped me take a shower everyday the shower area was raised and the floor is smooth outside the showers so getting in and out was scary for me that I might fall. They put a bed in the room fro my husband no the bst but it worked. Do you have someone that would go with you?  

I live in San Diego so I drove I stayed in the hospital for three days that was enough for me cause I only live 25 mins away.  I came home I have had a little pain but not as much as the last surgery.  Mostly for me it was that I have really bad acid reflux.

However I would not go alone my husband helped me take a shower everyday the shower area was raised and the floor is smooth outside the showers so getting in and out was scary for me that I might fall. They put a bed in the room fro my husband no the bst but it worked. Do you have someone that would go with you?  

I doing fine today makes one week.

Let me know what you decide and keep me posted I would like to stay in touch.

Love,

Diane

E_Saenz
on 4/30/09 12:31 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15
How much did the surgery cost I want to have RNY surgery
afisherman
on 3/5/09 4:17 am
 Hi Donna,
I will tell you all that I know of Dr. Pompa. My lapband surgery was a success!
I've struggled with my weight since I can remember. I have lost A LOT of weight! NO complications.
She is a wonderful Surgeon, well trained, went to The Mayo Clinic and Europe to specialize in laparascopic surgery for morbidly Obese patients.
I did my research before my decision. When I met her my first impression was very positive. She is an honest and caring person, and answered all of my questions. I could tell right from the start she was a very compassionate, she heard all that I had to say, because for me this was a very emotional time;  you know how it is! I was VERY nervous.
My experience in LIMARP was great, the staff took care of me and spoke ENGLISH!
Dr. POMPA was there for me after surgery and stayed close until She thought I was O.K. The nurses were always THERE! It was a great experience for me and I would highly recommend DR. POMPA! I keep losing weight, feeling happier and more healthy than I ever was, thanks to Dr. Pompa.
I hope I was able to help you!
Good Luck!
Allyson
witcha
on 3/5/09 9:03 am - Canada
Hi Allyson,
Thanks so much for the great information. I am of course very concerned and nervous about having yet another surgery. It's so good to hear that people are having positive experiences and that there are some truly caring surgeons out there. I'm glad everything went well with you. I have been reading through Doctor Pompa's credentials and I must say that I am quite impressed. My health care system is paying for my out of country surgery and they have concerns about Mexico. I guess there has been a couple of incidents recently but I am not aware who the Doctors involved are. So they are hesitant to say the least. Anyway thanks again for the information and continued success in your weight loss.
Donna
(deactivated member)
on 3/5/09 10:17 pm - TN
There are many surgeons in the US who do revisions. What kind of revision are you having?

Please do your research on Dr. Pompa.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 624 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views